SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
The new Star Wars series premieres Tuesday. Additional episodes will be added on later dates it appears.

This takes place after the Return of the Jedi and follows a bounty hunter, supposedly giving a lot of the backstory behind people like Boba Fett.

(There have been older threads, but none under the show title)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17869 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m done with Disney. Won’t be getting any of my money or time.

It’ll be a SJW fest so enjoy!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Verizon sent us a text, they’re giving us D+ for free with our plan. I’m in!

I think Jon Favreau is a fan and brought in great talent like Dave Filoni in to help. Filoni was the genius behind the animated Clone Wars, which will also get a new run on D+.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Verizon sent us a text, they’re giving us D+ for free with our plan. I’m in!

I think Jon Favreau is a fan and brought in great talent like Dave Filoni in to help. Filoni was the genius behind the animated Clone Wars, which will also get a new run on D+.

Yes this could actually be good. Filoni is a true Star Wars fan and did great work with the Clone Wars series. I am actually very hopeful for this, more so than the upcoming movie.

I have a good feeling about this one. Also coming is the Obi Wan show and the Cassian Andor show.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Filoni is a true Star Wars fan and did great work with the Clone Wars series.

Filoni is a true fan and in Rebels, he gave us the greatest fight scene between Old Obi Wan and Darth Maul:

I am using a reaction video because this guy is a true fan also:

Filoni killed off Kanan (who was a Jedi Padawan during Order 66. His master told him to run and hide and he felt guilty surviving. He eventually becomes a Jedi Knight and then loses his sight due to an attack from Darth Maul). Contrast the way Ruin Johnson killed off Luke to the way this Jedi goes out:

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The releasing of one episode a week does suck though

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Yeah. Not surprising, though.

Netflix/Amazon/Hulu have reportedly been struggling with the lack of hype due to the loss of the "water cooler effect", compared to traditional streaming TV providers like HBO.

That is, folks will binge an entire new season of a series, talk about it for a day or two, and then move on to something else. Contrast with a weekly release like a typical TV series, where folks will talk about the new episode every week over the course of months, building hype and drawing new viewers in.

I think most streaming services will eventually adopt this model. (Thus just further cementing themselves as "Cable TV 2.0".)

Posts: 32410 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Yeah. Not surprising, though.

Netflix/Amazon/Hulu have reportedly been struggling with the lack of hype due to the loss of the "water cooler effect", compared to traditional streaming TV providers like HBO.

That is, folks will binge an entire new season of a series, talk about it for a day or two, and then move on to something else. Contrast with a weekly release like a typical TV series, where folks will talk about the new episode every week over the course of months, building hype and drawing new viewers in.

I think most streaming services will eventually adopt this model. (Thus just further cementing themselves as "Cable TV 2.0".)

I think there will be a middle ground. 2nd run TV will be binge ready, while new shows will be doled out on a weekly basis. Just my thoughts.

I am looking forward to Mandolorian, it looks pretty good. And any excuse to watch Gina Cerano

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3568 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Can people just wait to sign up for the service and watch it all or will the episodes be taken down after airing?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd be very surprised if it was taken down after airing. I don't know of any streaming service that does that, nor is there any indication from Disney that they planned to do that.

What you're talking about doing is the tactic I use for a few different series, like Outlander on Starz. When the new Outlander season is complete, I sign up for 1 month of Starz streaming service, watch the entire new season (and maybe a couple other things that catch my eye over the course of that month), then cancel the service until the following year when the next season is available.

Posts: 32410 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it animated or live action ?

Posts: 4733 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Live action.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I just don't see people (me) signing up for every streaming service that thinks they need to lock their content behind their own blood sucking per-month fee.

I'm excited to check the show out, but I'm not giving anyone else any damn money per month. CBS+, ESPN+, NBC Sports+, BigTen+, Hulu MAX, Netflix Turbo.

Nuts.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9140 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I just don't see people (me) signing up for every streaming service that thinks they need to lock their content behind their own blood sucking per-month fee.

I'm excited to check the show out, but I'm not giving anyone else any damn money per month. CBS+, ESPN+, NBC Sports+, BigTen+, Hulu MAX, Netflix Turbo.

Nuts.

Cancel a few and put them on a rotating schedule. Watch D+ for a few months and let the content build back up on NF and then switch. Nothing saying you have to have them all at the same time.

I was going to cancel NF for a while until I found out I’m getting D+ for free and may do it anyways for HBO for a while.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cancel a few and put them on a rotating schedule. Watch D+ for a few months and let the content build back up on NF and then switch. Nothing saying you have to have them all at the same time.

That's work. Many people are busy and don't want to have to log in to these various apps, with credit card information, and subscribe, then cancel, then onto the next one, rinse, repeat. It gets awfully silly.

And that won't last either. With enough people signing up for a month, binge watching, then cancelling, they'll retaliate and require a 12 month commitment, "at a discounted rate". And many don't want to wait. They want to be able to watch the latest x show so they can talk about it with friends, family, or people at work. I already know people who were yelling about cord pulling, cancelling their cable/satellite service, about how cool they were, saving money. Now they are complaining they are spending more than they did on cable subscribing to all this various shit. It's pretty hilarious actually.

And film has suffered this year, greatly, due to this. The studios are all pouring money into series instead of solid film which I'll probably start a thread about.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Is Disney+ working for you guys? I havent been able to login all day.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3568 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

That's work. Many people are busy and don't want to have to log in to these various apps, with credit card information, and subscribe, then cancel, then onto the next one, rinse, repeat. It gets awfully silly.

And that won't last either. With enough people signing up for a month, binge watching, then cancelling, they'll retaliate and require a 12 month commitment, "at a discounted rate". And many don't want to wait. They want to be able to watch the latest x show so they can talk about it with friends, family, or people at work. I already know people who were yelling about cord pulling, cancelling their cable/satellite service, about how cool they were, saving money. Now they are complaining they are spending more than they did on cable subscribing to all this various shit. It's pretty hilarious actually.

And film has suffered this year, greatly, due to this. The studios are all pouring money into series instead of solid film which I'll probably start a thread about.

I agree 100% with this.

There will come a day I fear that the month to month deals will end. Then these shits will lock everyone into multi year contracts, get lazy because they have you by the balls, and stop trying to create decent content.

On top of that they are already slowly adding in commercials just as cable did.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, and yes, fucking Disney has become the walmart of video content. They are going to buy up everything/put it out of business, then force crap down our throats if someone doesn't stop them.

Of course, I've been giving them the side eye for years now. Ever since they started that whole re release Disney classics onto disk but buy it now because when it's gone it's gone scam, so dumb people would run out and pay bloated prices for a fucking cartoon.

It goes back into the Disney Vault and will never be released again crap. Only to be released a few years later with the same warning.

Fuck you Disney, you own the content. You can release it anytime you want at decent prices. But no............

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Is Disney+ working for you guys? I havent been able to login all day.

Works for me. Signed up for free with my Verizon account. Just watched the first episode of the Mandalorian.

Similar in tone to Rogue One, being a somewhat darker/grittier Star Wars. First episode plants several interesting seeds, especially with the Imperial remnants and the glimpse into the Mandalorian culture.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched it. Wer thought it was okay with great potential.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post