SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Wrecking Crew on Amazon Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wrecking Crew on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted
If you like the music of the 1960s watch this movie. It is the story of the studio musicians the made it happen.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great documentary!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes it is great.
I try to watch a many music documentaries of the era as I can find.

When I first heard of it a few years ago it was not on Netflix or Prime so I waited until it was.

I was glad I did. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the heads-up

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ve watched this in the past. Blows me away the history, influence and talent of these musicians.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Oh. So not Matt Helm. Okay. Nevermind.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Oh. So not Matt Helm. Okay. Nevermind.

I thought the same thing.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read the book. Didn’t realize Glen Campbell had been part of so many recording artist’s works, from Frank Sinatra to the Beach Boys.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's also free on Roku, Pluto, Plex, Tubi, and others Big Grin

Maybe the OP can change the thread title to reflect this as I'm sure some who don't have Amazon Prime ignore this thread as is.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
Great documentary. A lot of folks have no idea about Glen Campbell’s background before he went solo/headliner. Great musician.

I also really enjoyed “Echo in the Canyon” (which has a great accompanying album).

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3093 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched it this past weekend. I vaguely remember Glen Campbell talk about his start in music. The only real thing I remembered was him playing for The Beach Boys but don’t remember him talking about other bands. I had no idea these guys produced just about everything - one guy played on 170 gold records. I throughly enjoyed the documentary. Highly recommend it.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's also been free on YouTube for a while now.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks, dgshooter. We really enjoyed this, right in our wheelhouse. I'm thankful to have experienced all of this music when it was new and feel sorry for those who won't know such times yet to come. Not gonna happen again.

When the film finished, I asked the wife if she enjoyed that (knowing she had). She said "I want to see it again". Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post