SIGforum
The Wrecking Crew on Amazon Prime

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7110082994

March 09, 2023, 07:48 PM
dgshooter
The Wrecking Crew on Amazon Prime
If you like the music of the 1960s watch this movie. It is the story of the studio musicians the made it happen.
March 10, 2023, 08:11 AM
6guns
Great documentary!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
March 10, 2023, 09:41 AM
smschulz
Yes it is great.
I try to watch a many music documentaries of the era as I can find.

When I first heard of it a few years ago it was not on Netflix or Prime so I waited until it was.

I was glad I did. Cool
March 11, 2023, 05:52 PM
TMats
Appreciate the heads-up

March 11, 2023, 05:55 PM
Ronin1069
I’ve watched this in the past. Blows me away the history, influence and talent of these musicians.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 12, 2023, 03:15 AM
Paten
Oh. So not Matt Helm. Okay. Nevermind.
March 12, 2023, 09:20 AM
goose5
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Oh. So not Matt Helm. Okay. Nevermind.

I thought the same thing.

March 19, 2023, 12:15 PM
maxdog
Read the book. Didn’t realize Glen Campbell had been part of so many recording artist’s works, from Frank Sinatra to the Beach Boys.
March 19, 2023, 02:38 PM
bald1
It's also free on Roku, Pluto, Plex, Tubi, and others Big Grin

Maybe the OP can change the thread title to reflect this as I'm sure some who don't have Amazon Prime ignore this thread as is.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
March 28, 2023, 07:26 AM
TheGreatGonzo
Great documentary. A lot of folks have no idea about Glen Campbell’s background before he went solo/headliner. Great musician.

I also really enjoyed “Echo in the Canyon” (which has a great accompanying album).

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein
April 04, 2023, 09:50 AM
scot818
The wife and I watched it this past weekend. I vaguely remember Glen Campbell talk about his start in music. The only real thing I remembered was him playing for The Beach Boys but don’t remember him talking about other bands. I had no idea these guys produced just about everything - one guy played on 170 gold records. I throughly enjoyed the documentary. Highly recommend it.
April 04, 2023, 04:26 PM
monoblok
It's also been free on YouTube for a while now.

-MG
April 05, 2023, 10:56 PM
Ripley
Thanks, dgshooter. We really enjoyed this, right in our wheelhouse. I'm thankful to have experienced all of this music when it was new and feel sorry for those who won't know such times yet to come. Not gonna happen again.

When the film finished, I asked the wife if she enjoyed that (knowing she had). She said "I want to see it again". Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.