SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun: Maverick - Trailer is out Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I just hope they don’t end up delaying it again in 2022.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Renewed love interest...

From original Top Gun...
"He told me all about the time you went ballistic with Penny Benjamin"

But damn release the flipping movie already...

quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Speaking of Ice Man...I wonder what his role will be in the movie. Last I saw, he wasn’t doing to well health-wise.
From Wikipaedia:

CAST:
Tom Cruise as Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, a test pilot and flight instructor
Miles Teller as Lt. Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw, a pilot trainee, and the son of Maverick's late RIO and best friend, Nick "Goose" Bradshaw
Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin, Maverick's new love interest, who is a single mother, bar owner, and the daughter of a former admiral
Jon Hamm as Vice Admiral Cyclone
Ed Harris as Rear Admiral, Maverick's superior
Val Kilmer as Admiral Tom "Iceman" Kazansky, a fellow instructor and friend/former rival of Maverick. He is a four-star admiral and currently serves as Chief of Naval Operations

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Pity they couldn't get Tom Skerritt back in it

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rumor has it a copy of the film has been stolen...

bootlegs in 3, 2, 1...

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
rumor has it a copy of the film has been stolen...

bootlegs in 3, 2, 1...

While I admit is is wrong, I am cracking up that the absolute death grip insistence on maximum profits might cost them (particularly in non-US markets). When the world needs escape and entertainment so much, well PHUCK YOU world. We will wait until we can squish you profit-sardines in tight and roll in your lucrative scrapings into our malibu homes and investment portfolios.

Ok....

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Still waiting after 18-24 months in some cases for....

-Top Gun Maverick

-Denis Villeneuve's Dune

-No Time to Die (New Bond flick...)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

While I admit is is wrong, I am cracking up that the absolute death grip insistence on maximum profits might cost them (particularly in non-US markets). When the world needs escape and entertainment so much, well PHUCK YOU world. We will wait until we can squish you profit-sardines in tight and roll in your lucrative scrapings into our malibu homes and investment portfolios.

Ok....

If it were your money, personally invested, would you not wait for maximum exposure and financial rewards? I know I push tor the max salary at work, and work hard for it. It’s just simple economics. He could have not made another Top Gun. And the one thing I am confident in, is that he cares about aviation and it will be a good film. He actually gives a shit. I think he is personally crazy with that cult he’s involved in but it doesn’t reflect in his work. He does good work most of the time.

I left the theaters in 2019 and I’ve learned, who cares, be patient. When it comes out it comes out. I’m used to waiting for films to get commercially released, then waiting on the 4k blu ray disc. Cineplex management is so poor with those phones that I decided two and half years ago they will no longer get my money. I pay $3 per 4k disc rental and that’s all they are getting out of me. Happy to wait. I knew last year everything would be pushed out. Dune got postponed several times too. People keep spreading this new virus variant around like they are now, expect even more delays. Locally our pediatric ICU beds are completely full.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
If Hollywood keeps waiting for the perfect time to release movies there aren't going to be any movie theaters left in business to show them.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
If Hollywood keeps waiting for the perfect time to release movies there aren't going to be any movie theaters left in business to show them.

What difference does that make with streaming services becoming more dominant and cable platforms growing their own content? At this point, the motion picture industry is grappling with the evolution of the current distribution models, streaming isn't going away and is only going to grow.

Interesting theory by Mover

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
^^ I hope he's wrong

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

By the time actually comes out, the F-35 will have been retired.

Not a Navy guy, but I assume there are not many F-35 pilots with a 36 year career of actual flying. I could be wrong.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Not the same...but just because I kinda like it. Probably should've included this in the Justified soundtrack. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUnjKwqfQRE

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Ok....

If it were your money, personally invested, would you not wait for maximum exposure and financial rewards? ...... People keep spreading this new virus variant around like they are now, expect even more delays. Locally our pediatric ICU beds are completely full.

To a degree for sure, but there are ways to make money without delaying to the point where one of the talking points people will have coming out of the film is,: "Did you see all those gasoline cars!!!? Remember those!?" To your last point, I work in hospital I.T., but I am now also volunteering as nursing help in the evenings because we are full of cv and the nursing staff is crushed. Outside the hospital, it's like nothing is even going on. Inside, it's unbelievable. I think it's gonna be a long time before I personally will want to sit next to strangers for 2+ hours. Honestly, I didn't like it all that much before this madness. <end pseudo thread drift>

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
In real life, wouldn't a Navy Captain who hadn't progressed in rank be forced to retire long before he hit 30 years in service?

Don't know about now, but in my day LCDR was guaranteed 20 years, CDR 26, CAPT 30. Flag Officers served at the pleasure and had no guarantee.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
quote:
In real life, wouldn't a Navy Captain who hadn't progressed in rank be forced to retire long before he hit 30 years in service?

Don't know about now, but in my day LCDR was guaranteed 20 years, CDR 26, CAPT 30.
That's what I remember, too; mandatory retirement for O4, O5 and O6.

I did know of an O6 at Fort Knox back in the 80s. Over 30 years in; was old as dirt. I heard that he served with Creighton Abrams in WWII driving a tank in his battalion. The Army elected to retain him on active duty after his 30 years - no idea why.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Theoretically possible but, they probably had a break in their career where they got out, then returned but, in the reserves. Highly probable they're in the Restricted Line Fields like medical, engineering, legal, supply, that's usually where you see various exceptions to the rule...aviation would be unlikely, there's just too many changes to be relevant.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I still have no desire to see this movie no matter how delayed it is. I didn't like the first one and this seems to be cut from the same cloth.

And while I try not to let movie actors' personal lives and beliefs contaminate my enjoyment of their films, I just can't look at Cruise without thinking that he is a loon and an active member of a dangerous cult.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Of course he’s a loon. There’s no way in hell anyone would ever put actors in the back of an F-18 and shoot them off a carrier or do any of the many practical shots without a Tom Cruise driving it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:

What difference does that make with streaming services becoming more dominant and cable platforms growing their own content? At this point, the motion picture industry is grappling with the evolution of the current distribution models, streaming isn't going away and is only going to grow.

Interesting theory by Mover

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J_uom071f30" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

You are correct streaming is here to stay, but I am pretty it is not as $$$ as theaters. I am thinking Paramount has done the math and realized they will make millions more releasing the film thru the theaters.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking forward to this movie for years. If they actually release it next summer and don’t delay it again, it will already be delayed 3 years. I’m over it and won’t go see it in the theater or pay the early streaming rates. I’ve waited this long, I can wait another 3 months and rent it for $3.99 on Amazon.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post