SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    One-and-done really good metal and hard rock bands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One-and-done really good metal and hard rock bands Login/Join 
posted
I was listening to one of my favorite albums in the car this morning, and recalled that it is one of a couple albums I really like that was a band's sole release, other than a preceding EP. The album is Population: Declining by Hail the Villain. It's a friggen badass album. Another all-time favorite that meets the same criteria is Requiem by The Confession. I'd recommend them both for fans of hard rock and metal. Anyone else have any favorites like these?

Posts: 2137 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
My favorite rock album is by a group called Loudmouth, out of Illinois. Their self-titled album came out in '99 and I found them through a video game called Omega Boost, which used one of their songs in the opening cutscene. They also had a song in the movie, Varsity Blues.

They never made it into the mainstream and have only released two other albums since then, neither of which have the same energy of the first.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I nominate Damn Yankees.

Tommy Shaw, incidentally, also has a bluegrass album that is quite good.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
I nominate Damn Yankees.

Tommy Shaw, incidentally, also has a bluegrass album that is quite good.

I liked Damn Yankees, I have both of their albums, the first one was really good. Saw them live in 1993, it was a good concert.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Angel (White Hot)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Ram Jam.
Black Betty is such a cool jam. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Autograph - Turn up the Radio

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10906 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post