SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    House of Gucci
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

House of Gucci Login/Join 
posted
Watched this the other night, just to see how it all went together. I remember when this true story happened, thinking it was mafia stuff....you know, Italy, fashionistas, paparazzi, assassinations, etc Roll Eyes .

Ok, the issue with posting this was Al Pacino. It was arguably the worst I've ever seen Pacino do. As one of the central supporting characters in this movie, he quite literally mail'd it in. Al Pacino was supposed to put-on an Italian accent and it went about as you'd expect it to go: Al Pacino played Al Pacino. IN fact, not only did Pacino and his f'd up accent go over like a lead balloon, Lady Gaga, the central figure in this whole damn story, sounded like she was from Bulgaria or Russia, instead of Italian....good grief, WTF is with these people? They're both Italian in background, and they can't even pull-off a basic accent of their ancestors Confused

Posts: 14556 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
When Mario and Luigi sound more authentic than Italians in a movie about Italians...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Chico Marx had a more convincing accent than the A-listers in that turd of a movie.

Posts: 1264 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it, but Pacino has been resting on his laurels for a long time, now.

He was great in early films like "Dog Day Afternoon" and the "Godfather" movies. As he has gotten older, he has just played Pacino playing Pacino. It is often cartoonish.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If we want to talk about directors that should retire, I nominate Ridley Scott.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
My wife picked this as the movie one night, it was terrible.

The accents were bad, yes, but it was also just a bad movie. The story had a bunch of loose threads, I know its a "true" story but they didn't explain some things or tell you what happened

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I haven't seen it, but Pacino has been resting on his laurels for a long time, now.

He was great in early films like "Dog Day Afternoon" and the "Godfather" movies. As he has gotten older, he has just played Pacino playing Pacino. It is often cartoonish.

I agree about Al Pacino; he's always the same and although some or many won't agree with me, I think the same of De Nero.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38587 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I had to watch it with my wife a while back and said the same thing about Gaga. I asked my wife halfway through if she was playing a Russian.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile Leto was absolutely hilarious.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12565 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I agree about Al Pacino; he's always the same and although some or many won't agree with me, I think the same of De Nero.

agreed on both

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post