SIGforum
House of Gucci

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6890002494

August 17, 2022, 05:15 PM
corsair
House of Gucci
Watched this the other night, just to see how it all went together. I remember when this true story happened, thinking it was mafia stuff....you know, Italy, fashionistas, paparazzi, assassinations, etc Roll Eyes .

Ok, the issue with posting this was Al Pacino. It was arguably the worst I've ever seen Pacino do. As one of the central supporting characters in this movie, he quite literally mail'd it in. Al Pacino was supposed to put-on an Italian accent and it went about as you'd expect it to go: Al Pacino played Al Pacino. IN fact, not only did Pacino and his f'd up accent go over like a lead balloon, Lady Gaga, the central figure in this whole damn story, sounded like she was from Bulgaria or Russia, instead of Italian....good grief, WTF is with these people? They're both Italian in background, and they can't even pull-off a basic accent of their ancestors Confused
August 17, 2022, 05:53 PM
IrishWind
When Mario and Luigi sound more authentic than Italians in a movie about Italians...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
August 18, 2022, 03:50 PM
M'headSig
Chico Marx had a more convincing accent than the A-listers in that turd of a movie.
August 18, 2022, 04:37 PM
jhe888
I haven't seen it, but Pacino has been resting on his laurels for a long time, now.

He was great in early films like "Dog Day Afternoon" and the "Godfather" movies. As he has gotten older, he has just played Pacino playing Pacino. It is often cartoonish.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 18, 2022, 08:53 PM
DanH
If we want to talk about directors that should retire, I nominate Ridley Scott.
August 19, 2022, 04:06 PM
Lord Vaalic
My wife picked this as the movie one night, it was terrible.

The accents were bad, yes, but it was also just a bad movie. The story had a bunch of loose threads, I know its a "true" story but they didn't explain some things or tell you what happened

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
August 19, 2022, 05:48 PM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I haven't seen it, but Pacino has been resting on his laurels for a long time, now.

He was great in early films like "Dog Day Afternoon" and the "Godfather" movies. As he has gotten older, he has just played Pacino playing Pacino. It is often cartoonish.

I agree about Al Pacino; he's always the same and although some or many won't agree with me, I think the same of De Nero.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
August 19, 2022, 07:33 PM
mark60
I had to watch it with my wife a while back and said the same thing about Gaga. I asked my wife halfway through if she was playing a Russian.
August 20, 2022, 08:48 PM
Prefontaine
Meanwhile Leto was absolutely hilarious.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 21, 2022, 02:56 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I agree about Al Pacino; he's always the same and although some or many won't agree with me, I think the same of De Nero.

agreed on both

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/