SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone got the Blues thread of artists/bands
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone got the Blues thread of artists/bands Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more from Luther. RIP.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The Kings (Albert & BB), plus SRV, and Paul Butterfield on harmonica and vocals.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

BB & Bobby Blue Bland

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Not a full time blues artist, but I really enjoy her work.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

On a nice weekend morning at the Battersea Park Open Air Concert Pavilion back in 1972, I got to see and hear Alexis Korner (the "father" of British blues) jamming with members of the Rolling Stones among others. Great time!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Lou Ann Barton in the early days. David Grissom is just a guitar slinging kid pre Joe Ely days. Dereck O'Brien and Sarah Brown are solid as usual.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Kind of a lazy Thanksgiving morning. Took the time to at least sample, if not listen all the way through anything I wasn’t familiar with. Lots of great stuff. I’m very familiar with Lou Ann Barton, but hadn’t heard that song. She was a mainstay at Antone’s through the glory years with the Vaughan brothers, the Bramhalls, and a host of other Texas Blues greats.

Never heard Jackie Venson before; I was blown away. She’s incredible.

Greymann, Mick Taylor is one of my all-time favorite guitar players, and if you hadn’t posted “The Bluest Blues,” I would have.

Finally, doublesharp, I’ve never heard “That’s How I Got to Memphis” done R&B style, Dave Specter is outstanding!

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Jackie can really play. She graduated from Berklee but changed her major her senior year from classical piano to guitar. Here's another group I really like. Saw them live at the Ogden Theatre in Denver last year. When they get it going they can turn goat piss into gasoline.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
John. Lee. Hooker.

He’s bad. Like Jessie James.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
John. Lee. Hooker.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Jackie can really play. She graduated from Berklee but changed her major her senior year from classical piano to guitar. Here's another group I really like. Saw them live at the Ogden Theatre in Denver last year. When they get it going they can turn goat piss into gasoline.
Oh my goodness, that's tasty.
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXQQEK81BAk" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Some of y'all are operating under a misapprehension of what is and isn't Blues. Wink

Allow me to present a short primer. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You’re too kind

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
You’re too kind

Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post