SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone got the Blues thread of artists/bands
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone got the Blues thread of artists/bands Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some of y'all are operating under a misapprehension of what is and isn't Blues.

So you are the boss of the blues? Pfttt - Chicago ain't got a lock and you can't pigeon hole the blues Razz

You posted 4 great ones but you left out white girls, coonasses, The whole damned state of Texas and hillbillies the world over. Keep studying and you'll get past the primer stage. Wink Smile Cool

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
quote:
Some of y'all are operating under a misapprehension of what is and isn't Blues.

So you are the boss of the blues? Pfttt - Chicago ain't got a lock and you can't pigeon hole the blues Razz

You posted 4 great ones but you left out white girls, coonasses, The whole damned state of Texas and hillbillies the world over. Keep studying and you'll get past the primer stage. Wink Smile Cool

Big Grin Big Grin

While I may disagree about what constitutes Blues, I love a lot of these singers. Here's a couple of my favorites.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post