SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Albums ordained by God
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Albums ordained by God Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I would think live albums and best of albums to be cheating in this context. It's too easy to pull out your best hits and play them live.

Nonetheless, I'm going with The Allman Brothers Band: At Fillmore East. And for something completely different, The Best of Sandy Denny (though God only knows why Nothing More wasn't included).

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3427 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
The Beach Boys - Endless Summer

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
If live albums are eligible for this it has to be Deep Purple - Made in Japan.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Springsteen, The Seeger Follies.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Springsteen, The River should be on this list.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
American Beauty, The Grateful Dead

Posts: 13155 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Starfish - The Church

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34071 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add one that is probably #1.

Songs in the Key of Life

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nine Inch Nails
The Fragile

Posts: 2068 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1437 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Blood on the Tracks
American Beauty

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12740 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Moody Blues “core seven” albums.

Posts: 33 | Location: Upper Connecticut River Valley | Registered: May 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms

OZ

Posts: 158 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Chronicle
If I had one album to listen to the reat of my life, that would be it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
The Who-Quadrophenia
Pearl Jam-Ten
Dave Matthews Band-Under the table and dreaming
Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freewheeling Bob Dylan and Blood on the Tracks. Actually, I can listen to any of the 1963 through 75 albums and enjoy them. Those two were especially good.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
U2 - The Joshua Tree

Metallica - ...And Justice for All

Depeche Mode - Ultra

Antichrisis - A Legacy of Love (this is the most thematically coherent album I've ever encountered and true to its title)

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd"

Came into and read this thread to see if this album was named. One of my all time favorites. Didn't see Live Bullets by Seger but that was my choice for live.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Project 86 - Drawing Black Lines
The Album that drew me to metal 20 years ago and likely my favorite album to this day. There are very few days that go by I don’t listen to a song or two if not the whole album.

Emery - The Weak’s End
For this one I was in a really bad place in life, probably the worst place in life I have ever been and it was almost as if the lyrics were written for me at the time or if I were a song writer I could have written the album. So maybe it does not count or would not have made my list if I would have been at a different place in life.

Robert Miles - Dreamland
There is just something about this album. No matter what is going on that keeps me up at night I put this album on and I sleep well and oddly enough usually have crazy vivid dreams while I sleep to it.

This is a great thread. So many good albums especially the older stuff. Interesting how life and life experiences really play into music and what we enjoy vs. what music really has impacted our life or still continues to impact.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post