SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Trying to track down a Manga from my youth.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to track down a Manga from my youth. Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
So here goes:

It was my freshman year. so the Manga is from 1989ish, maybe earlier.

Volume one, an automated colony ship is sent to another solar system with fertilized children frozen in stasis. They will be hatched and raised by androids as they approach their new home.
Volume 2-? is the story of earth discovering a new worm hole etc. faster than light travel.
Volume ? an ship arrives at a planet to terraform it.

Original colony ship from Volume one shows up and the children take possession of their newly formed planet. The teraformers are the descendants of the 'donors' of the colony children. Somewhere along the way these descendants realized the original colony ship was doomed to fail because of the planet was not habitable.

I found it to be an intriguing story but have not been able to locate the original manga or remember what it was called.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An example of Lightspeed Leapfrog (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LightspeedLeapfrog). I’ve been poking around, but I can’t come up with anything this specific. Might be better on r/manga or scfi.stackexchane.com

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I little before my time after doing some research by best guest would be this series.

Toward the Terra

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I had to look up Manga... So for any other idiots like me, from Wikipedia:

Manga (Japanese: are comics or graphic novels originating from Japan. Most manga conform to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century,[1] and the form has a long history in earlier Japanese art.[2] The term manga is used in Japan to refer to both comics and cartooning. Outside of Japan, the word is typically used to refer to comics originally published in the country.[3]

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
2001 Nights by Yukinobu Hoshino?

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:
I little before my time after doing some research by best guest would be this series.

Toward the Terra

One of my students suggested that as well. I looked into it but I do not believe that is it.

quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
2001 Nights by Yukinobu Hoshino?

Oh Wow, I do believe that is it. Now I have to track it down. That is pretty cool. Thanks.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post