SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ozark Season 4 Jan 21
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozark Season 4 Jan 21 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finished Part 1 of S4 last night.
Overall enjoyed, but not the best of seasons IMO compared to the earlier episodes.

A few Eek shockers, even when predictable

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
No one binged to the end this weekend?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Four episodes in, so dark.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I finished the series yesterday. No spoilers, but I was somewhat disappointed by the ending.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I finished the series yesterday. No spoilers, but I was somewhat disappointed by the ending.

Was that the season or the series finale? You are not the first person I’ve heard say that they are not happy with the ending.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We finished it last night.

This is the end of the series. Ozark is over.

While things did not break the way I would have hoped for everything. The series did a good job of wrapping up the storylines. An enjoyable watch.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Was that the season or the series finale? You are not the first person I’ve heard say that they are not happy with the ending.

Yup. That's it for the series.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Just finished and dark indeed. I'm satisfied with the ending. Not sure how anything else would have worked, it all led up to where it had to go.
I would have wished better for many but yeah, dark it has to be.

This was an exceptional series. Visually on point, so many truly memorable characters and really sharp writing and dialogue.

Sure there are quibbles, kinda derivative (Breaking Bad), modest plot holes, oversimplification of some complex story machinations, really stupid choices by many.
None a deal breaker for me, a very strong show I highly recommend. But yes, dark.

It was nice to watch the follow up show, great to see everyone alive and happy, thanks 'Ozark' Smile

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I love Ruth.

She don't know shit about fuck.

I can hardly wait.

P-220 - I remember that scene well. From the opening scene of the last episode of season 2.

Just so happens that I just watched that episode tonight, as a kind of recap to catching up before watching S4.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Yup. That's it for the series.

I guess it all depends on which characters you liked or disliked. Seems they left a tiny opening for some sort of follow up series.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I binged it the other day and enjoyed it though I’ll echo the final wrap was not quite as satisfying as I thought it would be. It was good and still well done, but I was surprised at some of the choices I guess.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was seriously disappointed with the ending. They could have done so much more with the plot lines available.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I too was disappointed with the ending. In fact, the last few episodes were pretty boring to me.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I figured they'd kill everyone, with the possible exception of Ruth.

She was the least psychopathic of the main players, IMO.

Oh well, it could have been better.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I binged it the other day and enjoyed it though I’ll echo the final wrap was not quite as satisfying as I thought it would be. It was good and still well done, but I was surprised at some of the choices I guess.

More echoing here as well. The framing device introduced in the first episode of this last season turned out to be essentially nothing in the end, and the final conclusion of it all was just uninspired and disappointing. Really surprising for a series that, up until the last season, had been something quite special.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
The framing device introduced in the first episode of this last season turned out to be essentially nothing in the end...

***SPOILER***

You mean the wreck, no? It wasn't arbitrary. I think it showed two important things, try as they might, the Byrdes weren't getting away and they were survivors, no matter what.

The family sank deeper and deeper, by the end they all had been corrupted by the evil and the will to survive. Sure, there could be a sequel but we know all we have to, the Byrdes are a formidable force, cross paths with them at your peril.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
The wreck also showed them combing back together as a family after the kids estrangement earlier in the series and the rift between Wendy and Marty.

quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
The framing device introduced in the first episode of this last season turned out to be essentially nothing in the end...

***SPOILER***

You mean the wreck, no? It wasn't arbitrary. I think it showed two important things, try as they might, the Byrdes weren't getting away and they were survivors, no matter what.

The family sank deeper and deeper, by the end they all had been corrupted by the evil and the will to survive. Sure, there could be a sequel but we know all we have to, the Byrdes are a formidable force, cross paths with them at your peril.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by daikyu:
The wreck also showed them combing back together as a family after the kids estrangement earlier in the series and the rift between Wendy and Marty.

***another spoiler***

The final shot makes that point. Righteously estranged son Jonah had drawn down on people before but as he made his choice with Mel, he closed his eyes, fade to black, gun shot. Jonah knew that choice locked him in forever to his horrible family.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Wendy Byrde is becoming a ruthless bitch, i'm on episode 6 of season 4

I'm clairvoyant Big Grin

**Small SPoiler***

Rachel denounces Wendy
"I think you are a ruthless, nasty bitch. I think you have no sense of humor or human fucking decency."

To which Wendy replied:

"I have a sense of humor"

I laughed at that one

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Originally posted by daikyu:

***another spoiler***

The final shot makes that point. Righteously estranged son Jonah had drawn down on people before but as he made his choice with Mel, he closed his eyes, fade to black, gun shot. Jonah knew that choice locked him in forever to his horrible family.

I certainly agree with both of you, and that's how I took the outcome of the crash as well -- that it showed them invulnerable, generally immune to the consequences (of circumstance, fate, karma, etc.) of their actions. But that said, given its prominence as a framing device that led the season, it just seemed to echo the rest of the season that, all in all and with several notable exceptions, not a great deal happened, and what did felt too safely choreographed.

That final scene, too, also made sense in context of all that came before and the progressive corruption of the family and its members. But it also seemed to just drive home the point that the season, to me, took the easy, obvious route this last season. Previous seasons were so rife with tension because there was no anticipating how things would play out, but this season felt more certain, less dangerous.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post