SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ozark Season 4 Jan 21
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ozark Season 4 Jan 21 Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
***Spoiler added because this post jumped to the next page***

I'll say the last "season" just became more and more claustrophobic, characters and options going away, increasingly focused on wherever the Byrde's were going or forced to go. I can think of another series that ended up fading to black, leaving huge questions. I'm happy with both.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ripley,

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Watching it now

Have pretty high expectations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Glad it’s over.

I didn’t watch the whole thing but caught pieces as my wife watched it. What a shit show.

Think Ruth got paid by the F word cause she threw it a lot.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The end of the show. It died a natural death, as it should. Like many others, it was running out of ideas.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Expectations not met.

Little disappointing, at least for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It was always a show about families, just like The Sopranos and other mafia- or cartel- stories. The Byrdes started as a family and ended as a family. And although Marty loved Ruth, she ended up with her family as well...

I absolutely lived the last words of the show...

Mel - "The world doesn't work like that."
Wendy - "Since when?"

Boom.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Finished it last week. I enjoyed it for its entertainment value. And that's all... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I was let down by the ending.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
finished it last night

there for a bit I thought that maybe Ruth did know shit about fuck,

as mentioned, it ended like is should,

not that I or the wife expected it would end that way

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The ending was…ok. It was still better than The Sopranos or Game of Thrones.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
i thought it ended pretty well. Sad about Ruth but at the same time, it brought just one more element of surprise which was great about this series.

In the end though, Marty and Wendy Byrde are just plain horrible people. No two ways around that.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the end though, Marty and Wendy Byrde are just plain horrible people. No two ways around that.

And they certainly corrupted their kids. Especially the boy as we see.

I thought the ending was appropriate. It didn't make me happy, but it made sense.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I was really hoping they'd get what they had coming.

Should've known better.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I was really hoping they'd get what they had coming.

** There will be spoilers ahead. **

I was also craving a sense of justice. The day I watched the final episode, I had to keep reminding myself that these were all fictional characters. I was pissed at the writers. I eventually acknowledged their creativity--I wasn't even close to predicting the end--but I felt let down as a big fan of the show. How does a writer create a character, who I'm confident became the favorite of most people who watched the show, and kill her? I guess I'm just getting old--I only want happy endings now.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
How does a writer create a character, who I'm confident became the favorite of most people who watched the show, and kill her? I guess I'm just getting old--I only want happy endings now.

Agreed, one has to wonder if the show had second thoughts after the fact. Still --

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Mel - "The world doesn't work like that."
Wendy - "Since when?"

Boom.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Once Ruth decided to carry out her revenge and went through with it, her ticket was punched. That was the price of her getting her reprisal. She accepted that when she was warned what might happen to her, and in the end when faced with the consequence of her choice, she still said she had no regrets about it.

The lesson is simple, we all must eventually answer for our bad deeds.

Well, unless you're the Byrds of course Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I thought the ending was good. The entire system was corrupt with the FBI and the Byrds being no better or worse than the Cartel. The last scene with Mel summed it up nicely. Sad about Ruth but she well knew who she was screwing with and was warned. She was true to herself to the very end.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post