SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Looking for more fun hobbies.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for more fun hobbies. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Climbing perhaps

Posts: 968 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Start learning a new language. Babel is a good learning tool. I Learned to speak some German a few years ago. Did it in my spare time. I didn't let anyone know I was doing it and then one day just started speaking German.

Blew the minds of the wife and kids! Big Grin I didn't continue and didn't have a real application for it so I have already forgotten most of it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? If you find a school that's got some good technical hobbyists and not meat head competitors. It's an amazingly fun art. I'm 4.5 years into the journey @ 42 years old now.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for photography. It's turned out to be quite fun to shoot performers including dance, plays, comedy, and more. As photographer you get great access and meet many people. Seeing them happy when you got a great shot during their performance makes it completely worth it.

Some performers requested promo and marketing portraits, and working with non-models to get the right look is a soft skill in addition to the technical side of photography. It's fun, though, as the end result is you're making people happy with your work.

Posts: 2369 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post