New
Find
Notify
Tools

You, on Netflix Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted
Binge watched all 10 episodes over 2 nights.

It's about a really smart bookstore clerk who becomes obsessed with a customer and will do anything to have his happily-ever-after with her. You accompany him and his inner dialogue as drama and suspense (and sometimes witty hilarity) ensues.

An interesting anti-hero that you can't help but root for....yet at the same time totally creeps you out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
An interesting anti-hero that you can't help but root for....yet at the same time totally creeps you out.

Agree. I watched the first five last night.

What's scary is how possible this amount of creepiness is these days. You're right though. You can't help but root for the guy as it seems he's doing the right things.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Beck is pretty easy on the eyes too...

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is on my watch list for this weekend. Heard good things.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Wow. Couldn’t sleep. Took a look based on what you said. Hooked.
Thank you! I needed something to get me out of my rut. Now the bummer is I only have 8 episodes and it’s done.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
The ending caught me by surprise. I never thought it would go that way. Set up for Season 2.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's good. Very well done, a great balancing of emotions. You're rooting for the person you know you shouldn't be, but everyone else is despicable as well, so you do. (the fact that she's adorable doesn't hurt either)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you all here, my wife and I started watching "You" last night. We've made it to episode #4 and are definitely in "Binge" mode! Excellent writing, acting, directing, etc... Highly recommended!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder that y'all should watch this.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Just a reminder that y'all should watch this.

Yep watched it but not all in one night. Different (in a good way). I liked hearing what the protagonist was thinking as the story went along.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'll check it out.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes then had to break for the SOTU address. It's very good and I'll be back. Thanks for the tip!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation, we enjoyed it.

**SPOILERS**

-

-

-

-

-

Very much a woman's movie, all the creative people were women and, despite mostly being viewed through Joe's eyes, it's got that perspective. With that in mind, as I anticipated the final episode, I figured he'd get away with it, (ultra)toxic "masculinity" rulez.

So he did, well, kinda. There was an abundance of suspended disbelief, enough to sink "You" but, despite that, the show still worked. A lot more I could say but I'll leave it at this was fun. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
I’m 4 episodes in. Has a Dexter-ish vibe. Otherwise unremarkable guy sets off some people’s weirdo detectors. Gets into predicaments but manages to extricate himself. The voice in his head provides a running narrative.

Posts: 264 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes last night. Enjoyed them and I'll keep watching.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Another season out

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Just started watching it this weekend. Seems pretty good so far.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another one to add to my watch list. My honey to do list is not getting shorter.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Another season out

Much more convoluted than the other two seasons, but enjoyable.

Lot's of little things I did not care for though.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Lot's of little things I did not care for though.

Yeah, like pretty much everyone in Madre Linda.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post