SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New series from Taylor Sheridan - Yellowstone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New series from Taylor Sheridan - Yellowstone Login/Join 
posted
For you Sheridan fans, (Hell or High Water, Sicario) there will be new series from him on the Paramount network starting in June.
Keven Costner is in it as the head of a Wyoming ranch family.
May be worth a look.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched the trailer - looks good.
Not sure where the Paramount Network is though?
Cable? Netfix? Hula? Other??

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in the Yoop, Paramount is on cable.

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I DOUBT that I will ever be able to find it in my area, without an upgrade TV package.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I think Paramount Network used to be Spike TV.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I think Paramount Network used to be Spike TV.

OK I found the network > I'm on Comcast ch 648.
Good to know, thanks.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Trailer looks pretty good. Got it marked on my calendar.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/3j2R4fNxTdY

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Unfortunately it's nowhere to be found on DirecTV.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Direct and it’s channel 241, as mentioned used to be Spike. Definitely looking forward to it!

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I recorded episode 1 and just watched it. Gets in to it right away.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Yellowstone follows "the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders — land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both.

Is there a lot of drinking water poisoned by fracking wells out there? Or just wishful thinking and agenda pushed into the script?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The first episode was pretty good. Looks like it will be an action packed series.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I thought the scene with the daughter was completely unnecessary. Nobody is not going to watch or watch the series because of that one scene. The F-bombs were a little over the top as well.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently saw the first episode of Season 2. The scenery is nice. Just plain stupid. Very little in the way of suspense. Dialogue even worse. If I were a cowboy I would be pissed. A tough cowgirl and now a new character, a bad ass black cowboy. Oh boy, racial and sexual tension both.
The barfight scene was ridiculous. JMHO

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I recently saw the first episode of Season 2. The scenery is nice. Just plain stupid. Very little in the way of suspense. Dialogue even worse. If I were a cowboy I would be pissed. A tough cowgirl and now a new character, a bad ass black cowboy. Oh boy, racial and sexual tension both.
The barfight scene was ridiculous. JMHO

I watched it as well and I agree with your assessment. I'll watch one more episode and see how it goes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen S2E1 but from what you two are saying I may not bother. Frown
Season 1 was passable, certainly not laudable.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a scene in S1 where the Dutton kid swapped Glock slides with one of the cops after he used it in a shooting.
That was it for me.

posted Hide Post
I tried to like it. Made it through 2 episodes, and I'm done.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd. I enjoy it, just leave your thinking cap at the door.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post