SIGforum
New series from Taylor Sheridan - Yellowstone

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5710064244

May 30, 2018, 11:37 PM
YooperSigs
New series from Taylor Sheridan - Yellowstone
For you Sheridan fans, (Hell or High Water, Sicario) there will be new series from him on the Paramount network starting in June.
Keven Costner is in it as the head of a Wyoming ranch family.
May be worth a look.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
May 31, 2018, 09:57 AM
smschulz
Watched the trailer - looks good.
Not sure where the Paramount Network is though?
Cable? Netfix? Hula? Other??
May 31, 2018, 02:01 PM
YooperSigs
Here in the Yoop, Paramount is on cable.

May 31, 2018, 02:15 PM
bubbatime
Looks good. I DOUBT that I will ever be able to find it in my area, without an upgrade TV package.

May 31, 2018, 02:25 PM
Todd Huffman
I think Paramount Network used to be Spike TV.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
May 31, 2018, 03:04 PM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I think Paramount Network used to be Spike TV.

OK I found the network > I'm on Comcast ch 648.
Good to know, thanks.
May 31, 2018, 06:12 PM
NavyGuy
Trailer looks pretty good. Got it marked on my calendar.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
May 31, 2018, 06:23 PM
lkdr1989

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/3j2R4fNxTdY

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
June 01, 2018, 09:40 PM
Gustofer
Looks good. Unfortunately it's nowhere to be found on DirecTV.

June 01, 2018, 10:42 PM
doc45
I have Direct and it’s channel 241, as mentioned used to be Spike. Definitely looking forward to it!
June 22, 2018, 08:01 PM
steelcityfishanddive
I recorded episode 1 and just watched it. Gets in to it right away.
June 22, 2018, 08:37 PM
Veeper
Yellowstone follows "the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders — land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both.

Is there a lot of drinking water poisoned by fracking wells out there? Or just wishful thinking and agenda pushed into the script?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
June 23, 2018, 11:11 PM
bubbatime
The first episode was pretty good. Looks like it will be an action packed series.

June 24, 2018, 01:40 PM
BB61
I thought the scene with the daughter was completely unnecessary. Nobody is not going to watch or watch the series because of that one scene. The F-bombs were a little over the top as well.

June 21, 2019, 02:32 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I recently saw the first episode of Season 2. The scenery is nice. Just plain stupid. Very little in the way of suspense. Dialogue even worse. If I were a cowboy I would be pissed. A tough cowgirl and now a new character, a bad ass black cowboy. Oh boy, racial and sexual tension both.
The barfight scene was ridiculous. JMHO
June 21, 2019, 04:04 PM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I recently saw the first episode of Season 2. The scenery is nice. Just plain stupid. Very little in the way of suspense. Dialogue even worse. If I were a cowboy I would be pissed. A tough cowgirl and now a new character, a bad ass black cowboy. Oh boy, racial and sexual tension both.
The barfight scene was ridiculous. JMHO

I watched it as well and I agree with your assessment. I'll watch one more episode and see how it goes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
June 21, 2019, 04:27 PM
bald1
Haven't seen S2E1 but from what you two are saying I may not bother. Frown
Season 1 was passable, certainly not laudable.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
June 21, 2019, 05:26 PM
YooperSigs
I saw a scene in S1 where the Dutton kid swapped Glock slides with one of the cops after he used it in a shooting.
That was it for me.

June 21, 2019, 10:30 PM
Batty67
I tried to like it. Made it through 2 episodes, and I'm done.
June 21, 2019, 10:57 PM
Andyb
Tough crowd. I enjoy it, just leave your thinking cap at the door.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."