SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Yellowstone Season 5 (Nov. 13)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellowstone Season 5 (Nov. 13) Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Part of the dumbass/smartass club! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
Damn. After reading all these comments I feel like a total dumbass for liking to watch the show.

Temporary Suspension of Disbelief

It's what makes watching TV fun. It ain't no documentary.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some folks like Shakespeare and Chaucer you like Yellowstone. For me it is a poor plot with lots of soap opera. Lots of loose ends. How come Rip does not take folks to the train station anymore? Now, that was interesting.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Hell, I really like the show, but I also really like kipper snacks and limburger cheese on Ritz crackers washed down with boxed red wine, so there's that

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Texarkana is in both Texas and Arkansas. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest episode in FULL HALLMARK. A real snoozer with aimless plot featuring branding and nice scenery.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nailed it!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There wasn’t really a story. It was just music, scenery, and a few lines here and there. I think Sheridan is over rated.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
There wasn’t really a story. It was just music, scenery, and a few lines here and there. I think Sheridan is over rated.

And perhaps way overextended what with all the irons he has in the fire.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

I get the point of the last couple episodes... show people what Montana is about: hard work, working with the land and the respect for it and it's inhabitants, the life of a rancher and how much they give to the land, etc. These episodes were effective in showing that, but that is also not a very exciting thing to watch on TV.

I think Sheridan is great as evidence by his films. He writes good dialogue, as well. But we might be seeing that 5 seasons of a TV show is too much to keep coming up with fresh ideas. And honestly, that is not unusual. Many shows, perhaps most shows, are sucking wind by season 5.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He writes good dialogue, as well.

^^^^^^^^^^
You must be joking. Like the lines he writes for Teeter?? Shakespeare had good dialogue, so did David Simon {Sopranos} and the Wire. His writing is not even close. Glad you enjoy it though.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
As i said once before, his films are evidence that he can write. Late seasons of this show are evidence that either it is too difficult to keep things fresh or perhaps he isn't as involved anymore.

Everything about Teeter is dumb and unnecessary. She's t&a in the bunkhouse and a way to have an interracial couple in the show. Patronizing, at best. The fact that you can't understand her makes it obvious that nothing she says matters.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teeter is an odd character all the way around. They even make what seemed like a joke about it by having Costner not understand a word she said and one of the cowboys having to translate. Not sure that qualifies as good writing.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Maybe Teeter's grandfather is this guy, authentic Frontier Jibberish:

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I think Teeter is supposed to be a running gag more than anything.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everything about Teeter is dumb and unnecessary. She's t&a in the bunkhouse and a way to have an interracial couple in the show. Patronizing, at best. The fact that you can't understand her makes it obvious that nothing she says matters.

May just be that, the producers, network and studio wanting a social situation put in to reflect more modern day relationships that you might see in CA, happening on a ranch in Montana.

The whole "Girls in the bunkhouse" kind of pushed that envelope, no way you get rodeo girls in a bunkhouse of guys that live with just guys, horses and cattle in one room without some sexual inuendo/situations...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Kinda looks like Abby (Laney Wilson) may be gone. Sad to see her go.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Kinda looks like Abby (Laney Wilson) may be gone. Sad to see her go.

But you love to watch her walk away. Razz

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Seems like they are setting up a spin-off for Rip and crew but that could hurt the main show.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Seems like they are setting up a spin-off for Rip and crew but that could hurt the main show.

Isn't Jimmy still down there, too?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post