SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Great finish!

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
An epic champion performance, however this season plays out.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Caught the last 30 or so laps at a beachside bar in Ft Lauderdale. Muted, but still got to watch & mostly enjoy it. Will be watching the full coverage tonight when I'm back home.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**spoiler**

Smile

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And because Formula One Management blows, here’s a YouTube link to Daniel Riccardo driving Dale Earnhardt’s 1983 NASCAR at COTA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZItRqlzwg

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It also sucks to be Sergio Perez during this race. His drink system malfunctioned and left him dry during the race.

Drinkless Perez ‘struggled massively’ in Austin heat

https://racer.com/2021/10/24/d...vely-in-austin-heat/

Track temp was over 100 degrees and he had to wrestle a 1,000hp high downforce race car for almost 2 hrs pulling 4 G’s in the turns. I get thirsty after a half hour.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed this race, and Max drove a championship drive. He went fast when he needed, and slowed and saved his tires when he could. He is a "thinking" driver, and truly a match for Louie. I was on the edge of my seat for the last 30 laps rooting Max on. Chico did a great race also, along with Leclerc. I hope the track in Mexico suit the Red Bull cars well. We have a good race for the championship of driver and team.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
great job from Max and it warms my heart to see Chinstrip lose yet again

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Now that's some commitment - a 1:1 scale piñata!

F1, Red Bull becomes a 1: 1 scale piñata. And you can get inside!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Dude should get an RBR invite to the race

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one hell of a piñata!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Woot! Bottas on pole!

Hoping Checo has a great race today, would be great for him to win his home race. Ferrari seems to have more pace than the Papaya cars this weekend.

Read that RBR hasn't put team orders off the table.

In Friday's broadcast, they asked D Hill what he thought about it, if it were him at Silverstone.
His response was effectively "my radio would mysteriously break if that message came through".

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I can see Bottas giving up position quickly and holding Max back to give Hammy a nice gap. That said, after VB taking both Red Bulls out earlier this season off the start, he can be only so aggressive. With Perez at Red Bull and Tsunoda screwing his quali, the crowd will be in no mood for shenanigans back from the lead.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Should be an exciting turn 1, we'll see in a few minutes.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First turn exciting. Then boring.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Merc: 478.5
RedB: 477.5

Max +19

Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Merc: 478.5
RedB: 477.5

Max +19

Wink

Would have been tied if Max had gotten fastest lap. But they brought Bottas in on the last lap for softs specifically to prevent Max getting the extra point. Bottas and Merc didn’t get the point because Bottas finished outside of the top ten, so all they could do was deny it to Max, who had fast lap up to then.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not a great race. Only thing going on was the VB & DR fight.
Bummed VB got spun off at T1.

Hindsight, had he covered Max on the left & forced him up the middle, we'd have had a different race.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So a fast lap earns no point if you finish out of the top ten. It should have no bearing on awarding that point for fast lap because you have nothing to lose going for it. Mostly there's little chance a sub-top ten car has the speed to earn that point but yeah, no risk, no reward, you don't get to play.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It would sure liven up the race if the back 6 all pitted for softs and went for fastest lap. I can't wait for next year with the different aero rules come into play. I'm also looking forward to NASCAR next year when they join the 1990's with sequential gearboxes and top shelf brakes. It might become as enjoyable as sports cars.