Tools

MotoGP 2023 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I hope so. Whole country is crooks. This is how India works.

The travelers have been shaken down at every stage. Reports of busses, hotels, and other services telling those that booked well in advance that they don't have reservations but if they cough up more money, they'll find them a ride or a room.

Posts: 2836 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
I hope so. Whole country is crooks. This is how India works.

The travelers have been shaken down at every stage. Reports of busses, hotels, and other services telling those that booked well in advance that they don't have reservations but if they cough up more money, they'll find them a ride or a room.

Yep. That’s how the whole country works from the government to local. Crooks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12671 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Everyone will end up with a track limits warning on Sunday and I figure at some point the race will be red flagged because of turn 1.

Posts: 2836 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Cmon guys. Let’s at least see if it’s a track that is conducive to good racing. There is always a painful learning curve with big events.

Like it or not this is a HUGE market for the motorcycle community. I want to see it be a success because I believe it will ultimately help us here in the USA. The more people that embrace whole heartedly the two wheel thrill that is motorcycles the better.

I hope this GP brings attention, enthusiasm and excitement to our beloved sport! We need such things to survive the onslaught of hate from those who hate motorcycles and racing in general.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
T1 did look tricky from the highlight reel I saw earlier today, and what looks like a crazy long back straight.
Expecting to see a few go off getting T1 wrong & going too deep or off line.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15414 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It was cool to see two Repsol Hondas at the front group though it didn’t last for too long. The way Mir was sliding around during those first few laps I figured he was riding at the limit and a little past it just to stay close to those Ducatis. You can only sustain that kind of riding for so long. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Meh, stewards leaving big bits on the track (even off the racing line) is gonna bring up a few concerns during a safety meeting. The track looks like it can be good for racing but who in their right mind is gonna spend money on a Moto GP ticket only to be shaken down off circuit? Dorna will soon find that the track isn’t the only draw. If a person wants to attend an event, they need to feel safe every step of the way and unless Dorna is gonna buy up the hotels and transportation for the entirety of a GP, 3rd world shitholes will not be viable. There probably aren’t enough locals that will be able to carry the burden financially (average yearly income is about $700USD)

Fully expect the government in Uttar Pradesh to “tax” the organizers the same way they did for Formula 1. I think they learned their lesson and hauled ass after 2 years.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meh, stewards leaving big bits on the track (even off the racing line) is gonna bring up a few concerns during a safety meeting. The track looks like it can be good for racing but who in their right mind is gonna spend money on a Moto GP ticket only to be shaken down off circuit? Dorna will soon find that the track isn’t the only draw. If a person wants to attend an event, they need to feel safe every step of the way and unless Dorna is gonna buy up the hotels and transportation for the entirety of a GP, 3rd world shitholes will not be viable. There probably aren’t enough locals that will be able to carry the burden financially (average yearly income is about $700USD)

Fully expect the government in Uttar Pradesh to “tax” the organizers the same way they did for Formula 1. I think they learned their lesson and hauled ass after 2 years.

For once, you and I, are in total agreement. I doubt it will last. And I hope it does not. Plenty of other countries, and tracks, that want a race. The calendar is already too long for safety, and health of the riders as is. Too many races. Then they doubled down with these stupid sprints. It’s too many rounds for the staff, the mechanics, name it.

MotoGP will survive and thrive without this place. I wouldn’t go if the entire thing was free. You cannot let their water get in your nose or your mouth. When you go you need to cover your nose and mouth to even take a shower. Bottled water only, and good luck with that food homey!

Posts: 12671 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
HRC managed both bikes in the top ten!

This was Joan Mir’s best performance so far. I don’t know if the track just suited him or if the adjustments HRC made to the chassis helped. He was pretty positive about the potential of the new stuff HRC was trying. It’ll be interesting to see if he can build upon this success.

It was amazing to see Fabio and Jorge fight like that at the end. Jorge looked like he was about to have a heat stroke.

Marco checked OUT! If he hadn’t been hit in the sprint he would have won that race too! Cool

Pecco crashing out suddenly made the championship incredibly interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
New track so all of the teams are on even footing with regard to data. If they do race here again, the manufacturers will be crunching the numbers to see what worked and adjust fire.

Marc was a victim of the aero bullshit (that's also what caused Marini to smash into Bez during the sprint)

Pecco cooked his tires and lost a good chunk of points for being greedy. Jorge Martin was lucky to hold Fabio off and he looked like he was walking dead getting off the bike.

Bez just put his head down and did work!

No red flag but there were some really close calls.

ETA: Never heard an attendance number. Must have been pretty abysmal Confused

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Once again, no GP for me. Doesn't appear to have been broadcast on TV...3rd this season I think.
F1 didn't broadcast first practice either.

Posts: 15414 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Once again, no GP for me. Doesn't appear to have been broadcast on TV...3rd this season I think.

It was on NBC today. I watched the race on MotoGp.com on the Apple TV (outstanding PQ). Right after, I flipped a few stations looking to see what games were on and the GP race was finished and saw Marco in Parc Ferme. I guess NBC is airing them on regular TV.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pecco cooked his tires and lost a good chunk of points for being greedy. Jorge Martin was lucky to hold Fabio off and he looked like he was walking dead getting off the bike.

Bez just put his head down and did work!

Bags is feeling the pressure. Jorge was putting psychological warfare on him Thursday stating he feels no pressure and all the pressure is on the factory team, etc, etc. It worked.

Marco is just something else. Older machinery, and what 8.6 second gap at the end, at an all new track? That’s an eternity, for a winning margin, today, with all this aero and ride devices and all the bullshit. Pecco is very consistent (most of the time), smooth, a demon on the brakes. Level headed for the most part. Marco is something different, and doesn’t give a fuck about whatever. He has the potential to be the next Italian great. Unbelievable what he is doing NOT on the factory Duck team or even Pramac. Never seen someone turn down a factory bike either like he just did. VR|46 lives.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It was on NBC today. I watched the race on MotoGp.com on the Apple TV (outstanding PQ). Right after, I flipped a few stations looking to see what games were on and the GP race was finished and saw Marco in Parc Ferme. I guess NBC is airing them on regular TV.

Bummer, must be under a name that YTTV isn't catching it. Guess I need to go to manually setting the recordings in advance

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
22 Round Schedule for 2024

quote:

The schedule had already been announced to begin on 10 March with the Qatar Grand Prix, which returns to the season-opening slot having been moved to November in 2023 due to track updates earlier this year.

MotoGP will then head to Europe for the Portuguese GP – which opened the 2022 calendar – before the Argentina GP on 7 April.

As was the case this season, Argentina is back-to-back with the Americas GP at COTA on 14 April, before the championship heads back to Europe for the Spanish GP on 28 April.

Next year will see the return of all four Spanish venues, after Aragon was benched for the 2022 season, and so no rotation of the Iberian events will take place.

The French GP is on 12 May followed by the Catalan GP on 26 May, which is back-to-back with the Italian GP at Mugello on 2 June.

The European run is interrupted by the second attempt to stage the inaugural Kazakhstan GP at the Sokol circuit.

MotoGP had hoped to race in the country in July of this year, but cancelled the event as the circuit would not be ready on time.

The Dutch GP will take place on 30 June followed by the German GP on 7 July, before a three-week summer.

The second half of the season resumes on 4 August with the British GP at Silverstone, with the Austrian GP taking place on 18 August.

The next back-to-back of the year starts on 1 September with the return of the Aragon GP, which was taken off the schedule this year, and the San Marino GP on 8 September.

Despite suggestions the Indian GP would be pushed back to October following this year’s inaugural running of the event, the second edition will take place on 22 September.

It forms the first of a triple-header with Indonesia (29 September) and Japan (6 October).

A week off is followed by the next triple-header of Australia (20 October), Thailand (27 October) and Malaysia (3 November).

The championship concludes on 17 November with the Valencia GP. Pre-season testing in 2024 begins on 6-8 February in Malaysia, followed by two days in Qatar on 19-20 February.

Disappointingly, 11 MotoGP rounds will clash with Formula 1 events next season – with timezone clashes for F1 Monaco and MotoGP Barcelona; F1 Austria and MotoGP Assen and F1 Italy and MotoGP Aragon.

MotoGP has also confirmed that the new Balaton Park track in Hungary has been added to the reserve list, subject to the venue receiving homologation.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
44 races, including sprints. Can't be long before the riders start to push back on it being too much.

At some point, they'll have to cut the sprints down, or we'll likely have more injured riders, which no one wants to see.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Or someone is going to pay for it with their life. It’s way too much. SBK has 2 races per weekend and always has. A WSBK is not a MotoGP bike.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Even this season [what I've been able to watch of it] seems like we've had more riders down more often that the past couple years, with a few missing multiple races as a result.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even this season [what I've been able to watch of it] seems like we've had more riders down more often that the past couple years, with a few missing multiple races as a result.

It’s hurt Enea and Pol the worst.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mir & Rins both missed a few too, IIRC.

I only get Sunday coverage [when YTTV decides to record it] so I am not a on it as I am with F1.