Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2023 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
A few good dog fights after they settled in. Hate seeing stuff like that happen but I am glad Pecco wasn’t rotated 180 degrees on the track.

Dorna/FIM are gonna have to do something about this aero nonsense. The dirty air causes the bikes to act like they’re on ice. That turn 1 incident was a perfect example of it. Same thing happened with Jorge Martin yesterday, he just didn’t take out anyone in that incident.

Posts: 2856 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They should ban the stupid looking aero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well Mav led the race for most of it. So, so much for that. Aprilia 1-2. They deserve all the credit too as catching and surpassing the Japanese being as small as Noale is, incredible. I think the bike swap was we did this together and it didn’t matter who won and who got 2nd. Milestone for Aprilia.

Pecco’s incident brought on massive PTSD. July 2011, I meet and hang out with Marco Simoncelli for quite a while at Laguna. Great conversations and one of the nicest and sincerest people I have ever met. Couldn’t believe we got to speak for so long on GP, other riders, rules, Valentino. Then 3 months later I would see his lifeless body on track in Sepang. A low slide, but the HRC Traction Control decides to kick in at the worst moment and re-grip, and turn the bike into a bowling ball right into the racing line of Colin and Vale. Moments later tears were flowing. I got that panic today watching Pecco back spinning around multiple bikes only to see Brad run right over him. I never want to see that shit again. Horrific to watch. Last time similar happened Marco died. Glad Pecco is OK, but fuksakes. Aero is a problem but that turn is so dangerous to me the track needs to be changed. Catalunya is one of the top tracks on the calendar but something needs to be done. Multiple years in a row of this.

Very excited to see Bags next round hit that first practice. Scary scary shit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Once again, let down by YTTV, race didn't record... Mad

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m super stoked to see Dani on the grid again!!

Pecco has been ruled fit for this weekend’s race! Eek

These guys are modern day gladiators. The amount of blunt force trauma they endure and keep fighting is nothing short of astounding.

Something that isn’t often discussed is the mental strength that is required to race at this level. Racing has its astronomical highs and rock bottom lows. The confidence, strength and ability to forget about bad things that happened even as short as an hour before makes these guys a VERY rare breed.

I was worried following the exit of Suzuki that my interest and excitement in this beautiful sport would wane. Those fears were completely unfounded. The double podium by Aprilia and the celebration by Aleix and Maverick has been the highlight of my season. Honda isn’t going to bring the fight to Ducati. Yamaha is struggling as well. KTM has made tremendous progress and will be a powerhouse in the future. Watching Aprilia and KTM fight with all those damn Ducatis on the grid has been a lot more fun than I was expecting. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watching Pecco get hit on track, I was amazed he wasn't more banged up Eek

It was a bummer to see Suzuki go, but I've become an Aleix/Aprilia & Miller/Binder/KTM fan since.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mugello and PI are the best tracks (Assen was until they ruined it building the hotel and the back portion and fucking the layout up) to me and my favorites on the calendar. But Misano is a great track and looking forward to racing on home soil as it pertains to my riders. I hope Valentino shows up again for this one. I’d love an Italian to win and have a flag on the cool down displaying my avatar. RIP Sic.

Posts: 12907 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...s-purchase/10517185/

quote:
Liberty Media has agreed to purchase Quint Events, an American ticketing and hospitality company which has been involved in running F1 and MotoGP activities for several years.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Dani Pedrosa, Brad Binder and Pecco…WOW! What a show you guys put on today! That was intense !!!!! That rear tire slide by Binder was just insane!

Great race today!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Highlight of the weekend was definitely watching Dani. He's still got what it takes and made everyone behind him look like fools!

Posts: 2856 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Good race, Pedrosa definitely rider of the day along with Martin.
DP so close to the podium. Otherwise, a weekend to forget for KTM.

So many track limits warnings too, never seen so many since I started watching in 2020.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have never screamed at my TV so much during a race. Dammit Dani I wanted SOOOOO badly to see you get that podium. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
He definitely seemed to have the pace until the last couple laps, and Pecco had a few hiccups that got Dani close.

They mentioned more than once the CF chassis on his KTM, tester that Miller & Binder weren't running?

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pecco and Marco riding this weekend was the riders of the weekend, and year. Watching Pecco in parc ferme just absolutely destroyed. Marco was severely banged up last weekend, hip, hand, all sorts of damage from the carnage and fucking Pecco was run over by Binder. Podium/Podium. Incredible. I tell friends these are the toughest fucking athletes on the planet and they bicker always quoting American Football, NFL, etc. Yeah let’s see an NFL player get run over, and get right back in the game, risking their life, the following weekend.

I love this track. Turns 4-6 are just outstanding to watch, especially the onboards. And it contains the best corner on any track of the calendar, the Curvone.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Pre I cannot agree more.

Outstanding watching the walking wounded podium.

I would be set up in a trailer in a bathtub of ice, popping Tylenols....

Posts: 5055 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Morbidelli to Pramac for 2024

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Morbidelli to Pramac for 2024

Great news and expected. That was Marco’s seat but he declined it, a factory Duck, and elected to stay with VR|46. I hope that doesn’t come back to haunt him but a great OP for Frankie.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna guess that this weekends GP will be the first and last in India.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I’m gonna guess that this weekends GP will be the first and last in India.

I hope so. Whole country is crooks. They were supposed to go IIRC 2 years ago, and the government wanted an under the table payout. The airport wanted the same. The circuit wanted the same. The dock or whatever where all the containers go through for inspection also wanted an under the table payout. This is how India works. It’s the most overpopulated place on the planet and culture is slim shady.