"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
Posts: 19697 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003
I will watch as im already paying for Prime and I have liked the first 3 seasons... I will also continue to give 2 fucks less about anyone in Hollywood or general public figures' views on politics. My interest in them begins and ends with their ability to entertain me. Their opinions are their own and matter little to me, no matter how stupidly they're expressed.
Yeah, one episode in and its ok. Feels like they're setting up the Asian lady to be more than they've said so far and maybe Reacher's on the wrong side of things again. Pretty typical turn off ur brain story line (at least that's what im expecting).
I'm honestly more annoyed with amazon stringing the series out over 6 or 8 weeks instead of just letting us binge the whole thing at once. I get the business reasons why, but im already paying your absurd price and putting up with ur commercials. They're taking away the one advantage streaming had over cable and making it just as annoying.
I thought the first season was mediocre. Like they got the character's size and appearance right, but not the reason why he was wandering homeless around the country. Second season clarified it and I liked the third season because the Dutch Giant is awesome. I'm watching the 4th despite disliking the political horsesh*t Alan has been spouting. Maybe ease back on the gear that he's obviously using.This message has been edited. Last edited by: andronicus,
Posts: 4779 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007
I've watched the first three episodes. Yes, Alan Ritchson is a complete tool in real life, but I'm enjoying this season so far. It's better than the past couple of seasons in my opinion.
Posts: 2045 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999
One thing that makes a movie (show) drag is when the writer must give characters both unnatural and long soliloquies to give us the story. I think this occurs when you don't have the technical chops to film the scene, or the budget. This occurs a lot in episode 1 and 2.
------- Trying to simplify my life...
Posts: 6305 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007
Just finished episode 4, there is a lot going on in this series wish I did not have to wait a week for the next one.
"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock "If there's one thing this last week has taught me, it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." Clarence Worley
I'm annoyed that he hasnt broken anyones arm or leg in half yet. I feel like he did that in every epidode in the first 3 seasons and I'm quite fond of it.
NRA Life Member Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
Originally posted by wolfe 21: I thought i saw a blurb about Ritchson stepping away from the character after season 4. Wonder if they'll kill him off or recast for the $$$.
He probably thinks he's a big star now and needs to be in feature movies. He'll be eating reality sandwiches before you know it.
_______________________________________________________ despite them
Posts: 14958 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008
I haven't watched the series and don't plan to, largely because of Ritchson's condescending asshole attitudes. I never liked Cruise, so I won't watch the movies either (the only thing he ever did that I liked was The Last Samurai). My Dad recommended the books to me a few years ago and I read a few of them. After a few I realized, like PHPaul, that they're all basically the same story, so I stopped. So for me Reacher was an interesting premise that just didn't pan out. Bye....
I’m still watching, mostly because I’m a sucker for watching bad people get the shit beat out of them. But man, the story lines just keep getting more complicated with more twists than a pretzel factory. And the impossible situations Reacher (and company) continually escape with nary a scratch are beyond the normal suspension of disbelief. But it’s still better than a lot of the low grade dog food most networks put out.
Mongo only pawn in game of life...
Posts: 750 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014
Originally posted by Puckpilot78: But man, the story lines just keep getting more complicated with more twists than a pretzel factory. And the impossible situations Reacher (and company) continually escape with nary a scratch are beyond the normal suspension of disbelief.
Yup, exactly. I think I gagged my way through 4 episodes before I just couldn't stand it any more.
Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
Posts: 16732 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010
I am glad I am easily entertained. I am enjoying this season, but I am not much of a critic. If he kills or fucks up a bunch of scum bags, I am good with it.
"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock "If there's one thing this last week has taught me, it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." Clarence Worley
Saw season one of the Neagly show dropped sometime in the last couple days. Haven't gotten to watch it or the finale for Reacher, but I was glad to see they put out the entire season at once for Neagly... maybe ot expecting a big enough interest to string it along?