SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones Season 7
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 7 Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Don't think for a minute that Cersei won't take a piece of dragon glass to the heart in order to become the Night Queen for eternity...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I'm wondering is if the wights are vulnerable to fire and now one is a dragon, is he vulnerable to it as well or just that much more impervious? You know, being a dragon and all.

I also really liked watching Littlefinger realizing that he wasn't getting out of this one. Just that look on his face of "Oh, boy.. I'm screwed."

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, wait, the whole time (after Jon's birth and Lyanna's death and up until Robert's death) that Robert and Ned had both friendly and professional relationships, Ned knew she wasn't kidnapped and of course knew who Jon really was and just kept that all from his BFF who was also the King, to, what, protect his sister's honor and Jon?

Ned knew that Jon, being in the Targaryen line of succession, would be killed by Robert if he knew the truth.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
When is Cersei's hair gonna grow back?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
So, wait, the whole time (after Jon's birth and Lyanna's death and up until Robert's death) that Robert and Ned had both friendly and professional relationships, Ned knew she wasn't kidnapped and of course knew who Jon really was and just kept that all from his BFF who was also the King, to, what, protect his sister's honor and Jon?

Not that that seems outlandish, just making sure, as I've not read the books, and heretofore didn't know most of those details or hadn't remembered what details were revealed on TV.

That is about the size of it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The actor who plays Bran:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/new...ut-scene-1202541941/

It’s clear after Sansa turns the tables on Littlefinger that she has had some sort of conversation with Bran, but we don’t get to see it. When did it take place?

We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, “I need your help,” or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, “Oh, s—.”

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Still wondering about the Night King and who he once was....

Someone's magic gone bad?

He was one of the First Men. Some 12,000 years prior the current-day GoT, the Children of the Forest captured him and transformed him into the NK in order to use him as a weapon against the First Men, but yeah, it was magic gone bad.

quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
What I'm wondering is if the wights are vulnerable to fire and now one is a dragon, is he vulnerable to it as well or just that much more impervious? You know, being a dragon and all.

Good question.
My guess would be at least somewhat resistant, since he apparently breathes some form of fire, and was built for fire. Also, the White Walkers seem fireproof or fire resistant, and he might be on their level. Recall the giant bear that Thoros set aflame - fire didn't slow him down one bit. Dragonglass was required.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
When is Cersei's hair gonna grow back?

Seems to me it will stay butch. The writers want her to project as hard and aggressive an image as reasonable now, and the hair and new wardrobe help with that. She has no use for femininity and sex appeal now.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ha! Great answers. Thanks! Big Grin

On a side note, just read an article about why Bronn and Cersei are never in a scene together.

They used to date in real life and had a rough break up. They're contracts forbid them to be on set at the same time.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
All of their new outfits/uniforms/armor *are* pretty cool. Like proto-Magpul/techie.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Not that that seems outlandish, just making sure, as I've not read the books, and heretofore didn't know most of those details or hadn't remembered what details were revealed on TV.

Ned always had that reputation of being a man of his word to a fault, and he promised Lyanna he would keep that secret.

In season one, just before Ned is executed (as the sword is falling), he can be seen saying something under his breath. Could be that he was saying a prayer, but a popular fan theory is that he was saying "I kept my promise", referring to that now with his death, no one would ever know Jon's heritage, and he would be safe, and he had kept his promise to Lyanna.

...now of course the Three-eyed Raven has shot that all to hell. Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of their new outfits/uniforms/armor *are* pretty cool. Like proto-Magpul/techie.

I like most of them. Cersei looks mean as hell, but in control. Dany looks cool, but sexy. The Starks all look better than ever. The Queen's Guard armor is great, as is Jamie's. Only thing I don't like is seeing The Hound not wearing plate.

Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Ha! Great answers. Thanks! Big Grin

On a side note, just read an article about why Bronn and Cersei are never in a scene together.

They used to date in real life and had a rough break up. They're contracts forbid them to be on set at the same time.

I think you might have read it slightly off...this was news back in 2014.

It isn't that their contracts "forbid" them from being on the same set at the same time. It is that they will not be required to be on the same set at the same time

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I think I read that she's actually super sweet / friendly and he's kind of jerky to her, and with her sway as a more established and top billed actor she preferred some "space", or something like that. It's been a while.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Can a faceless man wear the face of a wight?

In the first season we saw wights wear faces they had skinned off their victims. Could that be a legacy of the faceless men?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

That is about the size of it.

"Hey bro, like, my sister actually ditched you. She ran off with blondie, and when she died, she probably hated your guts on account of you having killed her husband last month.

PS, she died having his kid. At least you got the Iron Throne out of it though...but...uh...my nephew's the rightful heir to it, so how ya feel about holding onto it until he comes of age?" (I'm forgetting the title Robert granted Ned on his deathbed, to rule until Geoffrey came of age).

Yeah, that would have been a fun conversation...or Tywin Lannister would have set about exterminating any challenges to Robert's rule, given that he'd just wed off his daughter to him. At the least Tywin (possibly with Robert's knowledge and even consent) ordered the slaughter of every Targaryen he could get his hands on, including Rhaegar's wife (remember how pissed off the Viper of Dorne was...yeah) and Rhaegar's children.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I was really disappointed how sickly and weak rhaegar looked. Anyone else?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Don't think for a minute that Cersei won't take a piece of dragon glass to the heart in order to become the Night Queen for eternity...

Or gives her child to the night king to rule in eternity.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
I was really disappointed how sickly and weak rhaegar looked. Anyone else?

I was underwhelmed, too, but they intentionally chose an actor who looked a whole bunch like the actor who played Viserys, Rhaegar's brother. I can see the reasoning behind it, what with the inbreeding and all it seems they'd look alot alike. I actually thought it was the same actor, and had to check online to make sure that V & R weren't supposed to be twins.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or she hooks up with the Night King.....who says, "damn, this chick is more cold blooded than me."

As for Sam and Bran telling Jon......I can see it this way:

Sam: Jon, we have important news about you.
Bran: Yeah you are......oh, I see you have hooked up with your au..............I mean your queen.
Jon(as he is holding Danys hand): so whats the news?
Bran and Sam: Ahhh, never mind.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Or she hooks up with the Night King.....who says, "damn, this chick is more cold blooded than me."

As for Sam and Bran telling Jon......I can see it this way:

Bran: Yeah you are......oh, I see you have hooked up with your au..............I mean your queen.
Jon(as he is holding Danys hand): so whats the news?
Bran and Sam: Ahhh, never mind.

I think your close. but its more like:

Bran: Yeah you are......
Jon: Hold-up dudes, gotta tell ya about this awesome chick I hooked up with first. It was magical, like I'd know her my whole life. WAAAYYY better than Ygritte. So uh, ya whats your news? Bet you cant beat that story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deqlyn,