SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Once Upon a Time in the West" on tonight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Once Upon a Time in the West" on tonight Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great movie....

By the time I was eight years old, I had seen "The Man with No Name" movies and others, including Once Upon a Time in the West.

I enjoyed those movies, even at that age. Das Boot with English subtitles and The Deer Hunter was hard to get through though. Obviously not westerns, the point being that Dad had absolute power when it came to the TV remote.

Posts: 59 | Location: NW Burbs of Illinois | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Bringing up an old thread...

I have no idea how I missed this film.*

I watched the "restored version", with the full opening train station chapter, rather than the theatrical release that only shows the three men standing shoulder to shoulder, the train pull away and Harmonica standing there.

The first thing that caught me in the beginning was the sound of the windmill during all the going back and forth shots among the three men and the station master, and then Harmonica starts playing that same "tune" the windmill generated.

That was just a great subliminal bit.

And I knew it was going to be a great film.

The other thing was Leone's teasing for so long as to who Harmonica was and why he was there.

Such an epic and classic, I am glad I found it, even if it took 55 years.

*(Actually, I do, but that's a very long story)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fondas role amazed me when I first saw the film.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Really... an actor who only played an American Heroic Icon playing totally evil.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I've seen it. Guess we'll be watching it tonight.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here's the Danish National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Sarah Hicks performing the soundtrack. Turn up the sound and enjoy...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that, Jim!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post