SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Once Upon a Time in the West" on tonight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Once Upon a Time in the West" on tonight Login/Join 
posted
At 8:00 EDT on Epix Drive In channel. I can't say why I've never seen it, as it seems to be highly regarded. Guess we'll give it a look.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's an awesome film. Enjoy!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A classic American/Italian film.

It is not a classic American western, a la John Wayne westerns, so don't expect that. The villain is the main character, and the plot is anything but straightforward.

Enjoy it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ennio Marricone's music for "Once upon a Time in the West" is something I can never forget! He is an amazing composer. All his music is just classic.

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
It's a good movie. Enjoy.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
I always wondered if Eastwood ever regretted turning down the harmonica role?

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best western EVER.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I love the (opening?) train station scene. Sets the tone and pace so well.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

"You brought two too many."

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think "Harmonica" blinked throughout the entire movie.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Prepare for that harmonica ditty to become an ear worm! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Prepare for that harmonica ditty to become an ear worm! Big Grin

Damnit - first thing that popped in my head when I saw the title of this thread.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought the DVD with the extra comments part years ago and got almost through the whole thing before I realized that what it was was different movie experts talking over the entire movie... kind of interesting....

I still say Henry Fonda's part has to be the most evil character ever in a western.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
My favorite western

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clipper1:
Ennio Marricone's music for "Once upon a Time in the West" is something I can never forget! He is an amazing composer. All his music is just classic.

Here is a great rendition of some of the musical score:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOy6M_X2MO8

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can still hear the harmonica song in my head. A great classic western with some great actors.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nev:
Best western EVER.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Once Upon A Time In The West is Sergio Leone's Magnum Opus. Morricone's brilliant soundtrack underpins every furtive-glance, and fly-swat in the film. Excellent Western, right-up with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Check this out. The cinematography and Morricone's score, especially.