SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Guilty pleasure TV show or movie???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Guilty pleasure TV show or movie??? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
We had music and gun guilty pleasures. I searched but did not find one for movies or TV shows.

Mine is

My wife always watched with her grandmother growing up. We got married and both started working nights we’d have lunch and watch Days of Our Lives then take a nap before heading off to work.
Took me a bit but man you just get sucked into the characters and the fact that the story just keeps going and going. Characters and actors get swapped in and out and you don’t care. You just keep watching.

I haven’t watched in quite some time as I don’t work nights anymore. I saw today they are pulling it from broadcast television and only available on Peacock Streaming.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Bring It On

There, I said it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Gilligan's Island. Big Grin The Sundance TV channel runs "blocks" on Tuesday mornings, and all day Saturday over the July 4th weekend. Objectively it's silly as hell, but is a kind of relief from the daily grind. I also find the props - the huts, vehicles, bicycle-pedal-powered machines, even a scale mock-up of the Minnow pulled with ropes to simulate pitching and rolling in heavy seas, all made to look cobbled together with native materials - to be fascinating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27916 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The Gilmore Girls. There: I said it.

Wife and I just finished A Year in the Life this evening.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Coneheads.

Critics panned it etc., but I smile and laugh the whole time, every time.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Groundhog day.

A man who would be King.

Patton.

The longest day.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
[Que Bad Dog look] Buffy the Vampire Slayer. [/Que Bad Dog look]

For years I worked a 12 hour night shift that often turned into 14-15 hour shift. 50 + pages from the pager around my neck, dozens of emails, a handful of phone calls, often covering 8-10 miles distance at work each night, one problem after another, it was a go go go atmosphere every single night.

By the time I got home in the AM I was dead dog tired, but still over-amped on adrenaline, wondering if I had missed something important. I needed to get some sleep that day before returning to work that night to do it all again...so, I needed some mindless distraction to decompress by while eating breakfast... so, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Don't judge me. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Groundhog day.

A man who would be King.

Patton.

The longest day.

Those are some of my favorites, and there's not the least bit of guilt involved.

Guilty pleasues now, those might be kdramas I've watched just because they had Joy (from Red Velvet) in them.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Forgetting Sarah Marshall or, Scott Pilgrim vs The World is on, I stop and end up getting distracted

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little Shop of Horror. The Rick Moranis one.
Victor / Victoria.
Caddyshack.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Perry Mason TV series.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Right now, I’d have to say “The Office”.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
If Forgetting Sarah Marshall or, Scott Pilgrim vs The World is on, I stop and end up getting distracted

Yup, the wife likes Sarah Marshall, not so much Scott Pilgrim

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Right now, I’d have to say “The Office”.

The Office is our go to, after work, 'white noise' while getting dinner ready & kids to bed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I may or may not sit down with my wife as she watches Hallmark Mysteries. Depends on the lead actress. Alison Sweeney (Sami from Days) sometimes, but my new favorite is Sarah Lind.

I will also join my wife when she is watching the 5 hour Colin Firth - Jennifer Ehle Pride & Prejudice.

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
My wife always watched with her grandmother growing up. We got married and both started working nights we’d have lunch and watch Days of Our Lives then take a nap before heading off to work.
Took me a bit but man you just get sucked into the characters and the fact that the story just keeps going and going. Characters and actors get swapped in and out and you don’t care. You just keep watching.

I haven’t watched in quite some time as I don’t work nights anymore. I saw today they are pulling it from broadcast television and only available on Peacock Streaming.

When we owned a restaurant opening was at 4:00 so set-up-the-bar time was spent with the TV on at 3:00 tuned to General Hospital. Nearly 4 years of that every afternoon but when we sold I quit cold turkey.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The Gilmore Girls.

Lauren Graham was so darned cute in that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Maverick - I have to watch it every Sat at 9:00 AM.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The Gilmore Girls. There: I said it.

Yup. And Hallmark Christmas movies. They're all the same, but I like them. It's nice to watch something wholesome on TV once in awhile.

Posts: 20065 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The old TV show Emergency with Randolph Mantooth and Julie London. I remember watching it as a young kid--I even had the toy fireman helmet! I catch reruns of it on the FETV channel. It really is terrible, but I still watch. I wish I still had my hat.

As far as movies go, it's Twister. I can't pass it by when it's on.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
It used to be the original NCIS TV series. We would watch it all the while commenting to each other about how corny it had become.

My wife and I both agreed that Mark Harmon's last episode (where he stays in Alaska) was also the appropriate time for us to say goodbye.

I think my new guilty pleasure will be The Boys series on Amazon.

As far as movies, probably Grosse Point Blank.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S.O.B.

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post