SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Guilty pleasure TV show or movie???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Guilty pleasure TV show or movie??? Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Justified

Why would you feel “guilty” about that?!?

Agreed. Either we have a lot of members who have overly guilty consciences, or that should be spending time doing something other than watching TV shows, or they don't seem to understand that this thread is not about their FAVORITE show, it's about guilty pleasure TV shows.

Earlier, I mentioned the circumstances around my previously watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer re-runs years ago. I wouldn't normally admit to friends or family that little personal embarrassment. Someone else mentioned a bunch of Marines watching soap operas... yeah, that's pretty embarrassing and you probably should feel at least a little guilty while you are doing that. Wink

If someone pipes up and says they watch Tele Tubbies re-runs, yeah, you should feel guilty about that, and should probably seek some professional psychiatric or therapist help for that malady.

But, if you've got some well-deserved down time available, there is no reason to feel guilty about watching old shows like Gun smoke, The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies or even the outstanding Justified series. Just relax and enjoy.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
The old TV show Emergency with Randolph Mantooth and Julie London. I remember watching it as a young kid--I even had the toy fireman helmet! I catch reruns of it on the FETV channel. It really is terrible, but I still watch. I wish I still had my hat.

As far as movies go, it's Twister. I can't pass it by when it's on.

I just saw an episode. I liked the show as a kid when it was new.

It really was bad, based on the episode I saw the other day. It had two-dimensional characters, badly disjointed storytelling, cheap special effects, and the attempts at leavening the rescues with humor were totally un-funny.

Wow. I should have left the memory alone.

A guilty pleasure now . . . Ghosts. It is pretty formulaic. But also sort of cute.

(I also agree - some of peoples' choices don't seem like something to feel guilty about. To me this is for material that is objectively bad, but that still appeals to us somehow.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Andy Griffith Show . I always wanted to live there .

The Gilmore Girls . Lauren Graham was HOT .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been watching Dragnet .. Sort of like watching two trains headed straight for each other . You know it's going to be bad but you just can't look away ..

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Current guilty pleasure is New Girl. I almost don't care about the rest. Zoey Deschanel is so damn cute and her model BFF, played by Hannah Simone, is so damn hawt, I could almost turn off the sound and watch it for those two

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Idiocracy. Unfortunately, it comes more poignant is time marches forward.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post