SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Guilty pleasure TV show or movie???
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Guilty pleasure TV show or movie??? Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
A guilty pleasure TV show for me? Hmmm...

Double Trouble? (The Sagal twins, but especially Jean!)

Too Close for Comfort? (Lydia Cornell!)

Just the Ten of Us? (Heather Langenkamp, Brooke Theiss, and Jamie Luner!)

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Mine is [Days].

I used to watch Y&R in the '80s-'90s, when I had summers off in high school and college. That had Barbara Crampton!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:

As far as movies, probably Grosse Point Blank.

No matter where I come into it, I'll finish watching the rest of it.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Married with Children.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Cop shows.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Orange is the New Black was actually pretty good.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Watched Purple Hearts, a very formulaic Netflix romantic/drama, with my wife. I guess that would be this month’s guilty pleasure show or movie. I kinda liked it.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

Nothing guilty about that. The wife and I watch that show. While on vacation I found a streaming channel that was nothing but old Adams Family reruns. Boy howdy that Carolyn Jones was a saucy mint.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I always define “guilty pleasure” as something with little nutritional value, like listening to “Ice Ice Baby” riding one the car by yourself. You probably wouldn’t let your friends hear you listening to it.

Mine is the first “Police Academy” movie.

I don’t think “the Office” is a guilty pleasure. Nor is watching “Step Brothers” for the 1,400th time. All my friends know that about me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
“A Few Good Men” and “Legends of the Fall.”

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Japanese Speed Racer cartoons. Even bought the DVDs. Curious George on PBS, evidently to nurture what's left of the inner juvenile in me...or my ever eroding brain cells. And then there is American Ninja Warrior. My wife loves that pseudo reality show, and somehow got me into it.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I’ve seen every episode probably a dozen times, much to my wife’s annoyance.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Movie?
Commando. It’s peak Arnold cheese, the most 80s action movie in existence, and full of epically awful quotes. I love it. Also my grandmothers favorite movie when I was a kid, so it had sentimental value, which makes up for its utter lack of artistic value.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Nip/Tuck for a series.
Movies:
Overboard
Blast from the Past

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Burn Notice

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used Cars. The dog should have won an Oscar.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Reruns of The Andy Griffith Show

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Dragnet. Both the early and the late ones.

That, Emergency and Adam-12

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Guilty pleasure movie: Howard the Duck—legitimately, hands-down, no bullshit, my favorite Marvel movie.

Why?

1. It failed because it's not really a crowd-pleasing family-friendly blockbuster. What it really is, is a super-expensive midnight cult movie, which is right up my alley.

2. I don't mind bad movies as long as they're not boring. This one tried to be fun and energetic.

3. The art direction and music are so torqued, it feels like a modern parody of an '80s movie, but this is an AUTHENTIC '80s movie.

4. As a San Francisco Bay Area native, it amused me to see S.F. and Petaluma portrayed as Cleveland.

5. 24-year-old Lea Thompson!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Classic Doctor Who. Tom Baker FTW!

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Lemme see, and NO judging...

Rocky Horror Picture Show (when my wife is visiting the kids who are a five hour drive away)

Moana

Original Start Trek

Original Twilight Zone

Gilligan's Island

Oh and:

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post