SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite song that reminds you of being sixteen again
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite song that reminds you of being sixteen again Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
The Wall and Crazy Train

1980 had a few decent albums come out...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eQMA_noRYQ

Released in 1971; still one of my (many) favorites. I have the intro as a ringtone on my phone.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1w7OgIMMRc4" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I'm right there with you.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Turned 16 in late 1969 - In the Year 2525

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Anything Boston.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a few songs that will take me back to very specific moments during that adolescent time. If I hear one of them unexpectedly, I'm instantly back in that moment with a level of detail that I can never recall when simply trying to remember something.

1) Coolio - Gangster's Paradise. Riding around town in the back seat of a friends convertible Mustang with the top down sitting next to my future wife. We weren't dating at the time, but had dated a few months earlier. There was something special about that night and I knew then and there that she was the one for me. I really don't like the song though.

2) Violent Femmes - American Music. I was cruising 264 after leaving a friend's house late one weeknight without a care in the world. The windows were down, the road was empty, and the volume was up. Just me and the road and the blissful ignorance that is 16...and the cop that was following me for a few miles that I didn't notice at all. It was my first ticket. As he was handing me the ticket, he said "I really didn't want to pull you over. I gave you two miles to slow down. Just be aware of what's going on around you next time, ok".

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Summertime and going to the beach. Of all the songs out it's this one hit wonder.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I dont know about a single song, but if allowed an album, I'd name sammy hagar's standing hampton.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of air play for this one during my 16th summer.

America, Sister Golden Hair

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 704 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Blowin in the win by Stevie Wonder.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Turning Japanese by the Vapors. I still associate that song with my 'puppy love' 40 years ago, Sharon L. Also Tainted Love by Soft Cell. And Whip It by Devo. Regarding Devo, I brought the 'Oh No, its Devo' album home and my dad was drinking scotch, he said 'do my eyes deceive me or is those young men adorned with toilet seats?' I beat a hastey retreat because the question was the answer.

Finally, to make a long answer longer, Listening Wind by the Talking Heads. And Disco Man by the Damned.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Doobie Brothers and The Eagles - just started listening to them on the radio after we moved out it our small town so I was hearing them all for the first time

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Communism in Eastern Europe and eventually the Soviet Union finally collapsed the year this came out.
Also I turned 16 Cool

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
The Rascals,Good Lovin
The Troggs,Wild Thing

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I can't get no satisfaction...Stones

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
1996 brought 2 of my favorites

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post