SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite song that reminds you of being sixteen again
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite song that reminds you of being sixteen again Login/Join 
posted
It was special the first time I heard it. Still love hearing it.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Driving around town in my janky 1988 Toyota Celica, blasting metal out of the crappy speaker box I got on clearance from Circuit City and wired up myself.

This was my go-to song to demo the new speakers for my buddies. I thought I was King Shit himself when the drums and bass kicked in after the 10 second guitar intro.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=344xGZeoGhI

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Jungle

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked Ronnie Spector

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Two songs that started me on the way to guitar stardom (well, not so much...)

Them, featuring Van Morrison:

And everybody's favorite with the mysterious lyrics. The Kingsmen (no, not the movie)

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
The House of the Rising Sun

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Goofy as hell now, but in 1997 this was it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGXwQeUk7M

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10787 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I turned 16 in 1998 so I was listening to that late 90's post-grunge alternative pop. I still like a lot of that music more than I ever really got into grunge.

Big Better than Ezra fan.

And though they were one-hit wonders, I really liked this entire record.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Installed an 8 track player and two 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of my 77 LT Camaro, you had to take it out of park in order to swap the tape LOL.

Mostly rock, Kiss, Aerosmith, Led Zep, The Who,
Thin Lizzy, but also some funk, Wild Cherry, Kool and the Gang, Ohio Players

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
1962. Yeah, I'm an old fart. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It's funny how this works.
The day I turned 16 I went with my mother to TX DOT and got my driver's license, took her home, and drove to D/FW airport to start my first job. Well, the first that wasn't cash doing yard service or re-painting a barn.

I had an 8 track and only one tape: The Doobie Brothers Minute by Minute. I bought it ostensibly because it was on sale and I recognized the song being played from the radio.
Thus began my groundhog summer, with the Doobie Brothers providing the soundtrack to day after day of pretty much identical grind. Day in Day out. I know every song by heart. Ironic since I added 'Heart - Dreamboat Annie' later that summer. But I never cared too much for that Heart tape.

I can't hear it that it doesn't take me back to 16 again. I won't link it here because it is pure nostalgia. Ain't nobody got time for that. Big Grin

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7259 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Bobby Vinton recording of "Blue Velvet" done in 1963, my 16th year.

And, still my favorite:

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_eC4gbRK7wM [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wont Get Fooled Again. The Who. 1971.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

And this was one of the best uses of it.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Let's see, when was I 16? Aha! Got it.

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post