SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite song that reminds you of being sixteen again
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite song that reminds you of being sixteen again Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Cruising with my girlfriend after school in my Camaro.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Two songs that started me on the way to guitar stardom (well, not so much...)

Them, featuring Van Morrison:

I liked 0loria, but by the Shadows of Knight.
I understand that each is more popular in different sections of the U.S.
We all played that song on our guitars.
Hang on Sloopy is another one.
But, Good Vibrations takes me back...as well as Hundreds of other songs.

And everybody's favorite with the mysterious lyrics. The Kingsmen (no, not the movie)

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1RZJ4ESU52U" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
There’s a little diddie about Jack and Dianne.

(Heard) they were two American kids doing the best they can.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5754 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I liked 0loria, but by the Shadows of Knight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
The played at a local dance venue when I was growing up in Chicago. This was before Gloria became big hit. Regular guys like us at the time.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long Cool woman in a Black dress

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of songs that bring back memories from 1981-1982, but I'd have to pick "Arizona" from the Scorpions Blackout album. I lived in West Germany back then, and this song was pretty popular in school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBTWoZzZ8B8

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The song was from '85 when I was sixteen, by coincidence I was born in '69.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
"The end"? Geez. What a childhood.

How about this one

Just found out in the live performance that is a different singer lip synching, oh and she used to work with Bill Murray Karla Devito It was actually performed by Ellen Foley

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
96 Tears by ? and the Mysterions

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd - Animals and specifically, Pigs on a Wing.

I had chicken pox the summer the album came out and purchased it just before coming down with the pox.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First car was an old Chevy that was AM radio only. So I got the local country station only. Back roads was my favorite at the time.

https://youtu.be/mbImh1vWuR4

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Memories of a road trip I took right after getting my license:

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Pearl Jam, Alive

It's not my favorite song from that year,its not even my favorite song off that album, but for some reason it brings back the most memories. When I'm feeling down I'll put it on and for a few minutes I'm young and immortal again.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It was a rough time for rock music, back then, full of cheese, but it still evokes memories:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Little Bit of Soul by Music Explosion
Anything by the:
Beatles
Stones
Animals

From tha 60s

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
"The end"? Geez what a childhood.

High school was something for me to complete and put behind me. See my post in the yearbook thread.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Thing is.. that song came out in 1958. When I was 16, it was 1986. lol But that's the kind of stuff I was listening to.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
16. When I could finally drive. I inherited a white Plymouth Valiant that I then installed a cheap Kraco cassette player.
My first cassette store purchase:

Another was a cassette recording from a friends vinyl, The Swing:

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post