SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Some of my favorite times were taking the chopper up to the bandit base at the top of the map. Trying to do a run on it.

Just flying around and randomly blowing up peoples vehicles. Ohh the good times....

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't necessarily call it a wasteland.

Park enough helicopters and land rovers in front of it, and you can make any shack feel like home.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Before I lay down to sleep at night, and I say my prayers, I ask the gods for a game that will spark joy the way this one did.

I've never had more fun playing a game that I did with this group of degenerates.

Good times.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I installed Arma2 DayZ and found some servers available. I'm playing on the Carpe DiemZ server.
Spent a couple of hours racking up some coins. Have a base started, bought a SUV. Then glitched out all my coins when I moved the safe that was acting as my bank.

Ah, DayZ, how I've missed you.

Posts: 11149 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Arc bought a server, so, I guess watch this space for shenanigans.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

You guys playing this any? There a discord channel or anything? I was watching some stand alone DayZ videos today. Made me laugh and day dream about the good ole days.

Was thinking of downloading the Standalone. But I can also re-download the ARMA2 back into steam if you guys are playing. I might hop on tomorrow if I can figure out how to find you guys.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Before I lay down to sleep at night, and I say my prayers, I ask the gods for a game that will spark joy the way this one did.

I've never had more fun playing a game that I did with this group of degenerates.

Good times.

We're getting old.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Good times.

We're getting old.

I remember playing with the baby monitor next to me. New born would wake up and I'd be giving him a bottle leaned up in my lap. While I played with you guys @ like 2AM!

There were a couple times my wife came down stairs. Gave me the look and said "The suns up... It's morning...." Big Grin

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't toy with my emotions.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Oh yes. Let the good times roll.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I bought the DayZ stand alone. Played some over the weekend. Had to get used to the inventory system and some other things.

Found a low ping server without any players on and went out on a run. Got totally geared up. Spent a few hours running around getting better gear. Then realized there was no food to be found. Anywhere. Died of starvation. DOH!

Found a bow on one server and ran around silent sniping zombies.

All in. Graphics are WAY better than the old ARMA2 Mod. There are tons of modded community servers out there. Still figuring out quick ways to reload mags & guns. I'm fumbling a bit with that mechanic.

Took me forever to realize to use the bullets in a gun. You have to un-box them first. *face palm*

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:

You guys playing this any? There a discord channel or anything? I was watching some stand alone DayZ videos today. Made me laugh and day dream about the good ole days.

Was thinking of downloading the Standalone. But I can also re-download the ARMA2 back into steam if you guys are playing. I might hop on tomorrow if I can figure out how to find you guys.

I was on today for a bit, gotta work the next two so my time will be limited, but should be around this weekend hopefully

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Last night Nala and I tried standalone, just to see how far they've come.

Had the classic experience. Spawn in, get killed by zombies. Spawn in, hear gunshots, get killed by zombies. Spawn in, find a meat tenderizer, get killed by zombies. Find a gun, no bullets. Find another gun, no bullets. Find a potato, can't eat it.

We tried figuring out how to go to a modded server or something, something with better loot tables at least, but just couldn't figure it out. Every server wanted you to have the DLC or something. We ended up playing Cowadoody instead.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post