SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
So did he turn the zombies back up? got on earlier and went to the airfield and didn't see a single zombie on the way. Got there and suddenly there was like 50 of them and they were super fast again.

Btw, the black SUV is at the airfield, and a truck with a machine gun had spawned so I brought it back to camp :P

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't deserve
this CUT
posted Hide Post
I purchased this on steam seriously like 2 years ago and never bothered installing it.

I'm downloading it now, I added the Mod so I'm first downloading Arma2, then Arrowhead, then the DayZ Mod... then I just launch the DayZ mod, right?

"If somebody says there ought to be a law there probably ought not." - Penn Jillette

Posts: 5246 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister Joshua:
I purchased this on steam seriously like 2 years ago and never bothered installing it.

I'm downloading it now, I added the Mod so I'm first downloading Arma2, then Arrowhead, then the DayZ Mod... then I just launch the DayZ mod, right?

Go get DayZ Commander. This isn't the regular DayZ mod, it's DayZ Epoch, a mod of the mod.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Well, y'all have me intrigued so I was going to give this a try. However, the 7.2gig download was more than my feeble DSL could handle in a timely fashion. Hopefully the Op Arrowhead and mod downloads are smaller since I didn't get a chance to start them up this morning. If so, I might hop on tonight and see what all this zombie stuff is about. I'm getting a little burnt out grinding XP in Mechwarrior Online anyway.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my steam username is the same as my handle on this site...yeah I know, I'm so creative it hurts.

- Bret

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sadlerbw,

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And you guys got to me, as well.

I've got mumble but no mic, as of yet.

EM1derful in Steam.

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Zeds are back to being slow, hallelujah.

It's so god damn creepy doing a run at night by yourself...having a flashlight seems to make it worse...but I like being able to see shit on the ground. Now once more randoms start showing up I'll go without a flashlight, because that's a target on your forehead...but still.

I was in a barracks looting like 40 STANAG mags and turned around and a fuckin zombie was RIGHT there, scared the bejesus out of me. God damn ninja zombies man.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Fired it up, went to a random server to fuck around a bit, then some girl called me up for dinner. I'll have to try again later tonight.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got in to the server and forgot to start up mumble.

Enjoyed a nice day on the coast, driving a beat up Fuel Ural until I came across a HMMWV in better shape.

Too bad you don't get credit for the road warrior zombie kills.

I'll probably try again later with everything loaded this time.

Posts: 9 | Location: Boston | Registered: February 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Got arma 2 downloaded last night: 7.2 gigs. Went to get op arrowhead and it is showing up as 6.5 gigs. I think my DSL modem is going to erupt in flames. Please, tell me the actual dayz mod isn't another multi-gig download!

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Ok hook a brother up with the server IP and muble address!

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
You've got mail.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I got everything installed and patched and modded...I think. Never got connected to the server skull leader sent out. It just sat at 'wait for host' for several minutes. I did get connected to the server asg posted back on the first page, ran around for fifteen minutes and got sniped. I can see how working in a group would be helpful.

Also, is the makarov just that god-awful wimpy, or is accuracy way more horrible than I am expecting? I crouched behind a tree, leaned out and slow fired two mags into the head and chest of a zed at about 15-20yd. And all it did was grab his attention...and get me sniped by some dick up on a hill. Is there some secret to killing these thing with less than three full mags of ammo?

- Bret

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Yes. Don't use the makarov.

Find an axe or a machete.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
So, I've been out for two days now, and I might not be on tonight.

How are things coming on the new server?

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
The kinks are being ironed out one at a time. There are groups of AI bandits roaming about now that are very hard to kill.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Slow zombies plus AI sounds cool.

I know from that one other server, fast zombies plus AI is teh suckzorz.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Okay, we got enough people that we're gonna need some communications discipline. We've got a few sub channels set up in Mumble under the main DayZ channel, so what I need y'all to do is set up your Shout/Whisper so we can talk across channels in an emergency, or other important information, i.e. you're coming back to base in a green Humvee from the North. This should help keep the clutter and talking over each other to a minimum. No more will you cunts be telling me about the stack of AK mags back at the base when I announce I'm empty on the other side of the Christ loving map.

Anyway, here's how you do it, go to Configure and then Settings. At the bottom left there ought to be a checkbox for Advanced, check it. Then find Shortcuts above that, click that and it'll change the menus. At the bottom click the Add button, it will add a new function which will be unassigned. Click that and it'll give you a dropdown box, find Whisper/Shout, click that. Then under Data it'll say Empty, click that and then the little box next to it with the dots in it. This will bring up another menu, check the Shout to Channel option,then find the DayZ channel in the Channel Target field, click that, below the field are two boxes, Shout to Linked channels and Shout to subchannels, click them both, hit Ok. Now you just need to assign it a key, something that is not your regular push to talk key, for the love of God, do not make it your regular push to talk key, otherwise why did I just explain any of this?

Also, the "friendly" signal, for you mouthbreathing chuds who haven't mastered voice communication either through a lack of equipment or under-developed, chimpish vocal cords, is the side-to-side lean. One accomplishes this with the Q and E keys, rapidly, back and forth. We call it the Friendly Dance, if you can't speak, immediately do the Friendly Dance. As there are now bandit AI's running around, if someone does not respond to hails they will be shot. No more of this, "who's at base?" and then nine people say "not me" while one of you cocks is not answering our challenges because you're bebopping along, blasting Papa Roach like the sub-human trash we all suspected you were. You will be shot where you stand.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Now you just have to actually get people to use the channels like they are supposed to.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
You guys are freaking hilarious. I haven't even gotten some game time yet.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I have generally taken a near-monastic vow of silence in mumble with the following exceptions:

1. Super-noob questions.
2. trying to figure out where the hell everyone went in the five second I spent trying to loot a body.

Normally I bullshit more, but I've been too focused on listening for gunshots and trying to figure out what the hell I am doing to be very chatty. Assuming I get a little more comfortable with the game, is there a preferred channel for non-tactically-relevant chatter? I'd hate to get someone killed by trying to tell an awesome poop story.

- Bret