SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Arnold's new Netflix Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arnold's new Netflix Series Login/Join 
posted
I just happened to watch the trailer for the new Arnold Scwarzenegger series on Netflix, FUBAR. There was a funny moment when he and his daughter were in a car arguing/talking about her virginity and saving herself for sex after marriage when the daughter said," Do you think I am a virgin?" and Arnold replies, "let me think what I want to think". I laughed pretty hard at that due to having older children. No idea how the series is gonna be.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching it. If you have a few hours to kill it's entertaining.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I watched a few episodes and felt bad for Arnold.
I figured He would have complete say in the production of the series and it would have to be good before he signed on to the project, it was NOT good.
The non stop bickering between him and his daughter got boring fast.
The retired but called back CIA agent, where have I seen that plot before?
The show was a typical Netflix show, half ass.
Poor acting, a poor script,low budget ( except for Arnold's pay I'm sure).
Can't lower the bar much more but I'm sure Hollywood will try.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Where’s his dignity, FFS!

Is he following VDM, Seagal, Gooding, Lundgren, Willis, Snipes and so many others, steps?

The show lacks… list too long to put here.

Sad. So sad.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
... it was NOT good.
You're too kind, by half, IMO.

My wife and I have pretty low standards. After two episodes even we couldn't take it anymore.

quote:
The show was a typical Netflix show, half ass.
I don't agree with that. NetFlix has its share of stinkers, but, it's managed to turn out some pretty decent stuff, too.

quote:
Poor acting, a poor script, ...
Yup.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like looking at Monica Barbaro. That ink jet black hair is something else.

But I watched one episode because you guys talked about it and I can’t do another one unless Monica is in some bikini scene or something. It was awful. The jokes were lame and like someone already said, about par for the course for most of these streaming series. The plot is weak, so is the writing. It’s just a vehicle for Arnold, whom I like, to get paid, and that’s about it.

I’m also quite sick of series. I don’t binge watch shit either. So little films now and so many series, gee I wonder why? Gen Z. They have ADHD issues and oddly cannot sit through a 2 hour film but want to binge watch shit. Makes little sense to me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've been watching it and in someways it's more of a comedy than an action film...

The idea that the hot girl lead is his daughter is really funny looking at aged Arnold ... more like his granddaughter or even great granddaughter.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I made it part way through the 2nd episode. It's terrible.

And Arnold is getting tougher and tougher to even understand. The guy has lived in the US since 1968. You'd think he'd be able to enunciate English a little better by now.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I've been watching it and in someways it's more of a comedy than an action film...
I think it's supposed to be an action/comedy. Problem is: It's not a good action/comedy.

Who remembers this:

Matrix: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?
Sully: That's right Matrix, you did!
Matrix: I lied. (Drops Sully)
Sully: UUUUHLLLUUUUAAAALLLLAAAALLLLAHHHHH!!!!...
[After Matrix dropped Sully of the cliff]
Cindy: What did you do with Sully?
Matrix: I let him go...

That was funny

A movie so bad it went clear out the other side of bad back into good. A good bad movie Smile One of my all-time favorite Arnold movies.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That disappointing to hear. They showed some funny clips for the trailer and figured it might show just the best parts.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
when he was checking out his daughter's room at the S.A. drug lord's compound and made the comment about the garish colored 'lip stick' and picked it up .... now that was funny.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Roo is a crappy Pam Poovey knockoff.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Pro: It wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Con: It still sucked bad enough that I couldn't make it through the second episode.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I think it's supposed to be an action/comedy. Problem is: It's not a good action/comedy.

No it isn't good.
I generally have a high tolerance for shows, letting them do their thing but this one is very disappointing, especially from a big-name star like Arnold.
I think if the storyline was more serious, Arnold was the straight man (comedy Eek) and the supporting cast weren't token ESG decisions then maybe it would have a chance.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I noticed this thread a while back but didn't open it because I hadn't watched any Arnold Netflix series. Just watched an episode of a documentary about Arnold. First episode covered his childhood through his body building competitions up to just before becoming an actor. I really liked it. Now after reading this thread, it can't be the same series.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s not. That’s the newly released “Arnold” documentary. I watched all 3 episodes, excellent doc.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pretty much have to agree. The comedy is weak, and the action is stilted. So is the dialogue. Arnold is not the worlds greatest speaker, but the script he is working with really is weak. Not even as good as his Muscle films

Remember the 1st rule. It's always loaded.

Posts: 108 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: November 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode and thats enough.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Watched the first episode and thats enough.

Wife and I made it about 15 minutes and then moved on.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Horrible

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post