SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Arnold's new Netflix Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arnold's new Netflix Series Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Its all over the place. I think when the writing is on its not a bad show and I like it. When its off its really off and it totally snaps you out of it. Nukeandpave is spot on with the crappy pam poovey assessment.

They start down some interesting paths on topics of torture, covert operations ethics and family strain due to illness and deception but pull back before getting too deep into any of them. Theres some really good stuff in there and the characters at times have to make hard choices but its buried when the show tries to figure out if its funny or not and if so how that's going to manifest.

Weirdly, I kind of like it but if someone wanted me to defend that opinion I don't think I could.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
NetFlix also currently has The Last Stand. (6.3 in IMDB. 61% Tomatometer, 53% audience score at RT.)

Unlikely plot. Predictable story line. Thin character development. Bad acting. Lots of weaponry, shoot-em-up, and an Arnold fight scene. Cheesy humor.

IOW: Vintage Arnold Smile I enjoyed the hell out of it.

And completely woke-free.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The first 2 1/2 episodes of the Arnold documentary are pretty good. I’m sure the last half of the third one is good as well, I have yet to finish it.

I thought he went straight to acting after body building. I had no clue there was such a long period between his first and second movies where he made millions in real estate.

Posts: 11022 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes the documentary is good and interesting, but the drama-sitcom (FUBAR) is not good at all.

Posts: 22947 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post