SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Naomi Judd dead at 76
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Naomi Judd dead at 76 Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
They said mental illness killed her.

I guess that means suicide. That sucks.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
She was known to be suffering from depression.
RIP.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news Frown

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just another example of the pull and influence that depression can have on a person. Just a few days before she was to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, and then go on a world-tour, she still felt that taking her own life was the only remaining option to stop the pain.

Heartbreaking.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am not so sure. I realize it is up to the family, but spelling it out would be helpful to others. From what I gather she had Hepatitis and a long history of both inpatient and outpatient care for Major Depression. Sad indeed.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am not so sure. I realize it is up to the family, but spelling it out would be helpful to others. From what I gather she had Hepatitis and a long history of both inpatient and outpatient care for Major Depression. Sad indeed.

Well, they said mental illness killed her, so that kind of rules out hepatitis and depression doesn't kill you, but it can make you suicidal.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although a number of contrasting views have been alleged about the death of Naomi Judd, it is confirmed that she did not kill herself. Naomi Judd died after battling mental health for years despite battling depression, trepidation, and suicidal thoughts for many years.

LINK: https://abtc.ng/naomi-judd-did-she-kill-herself/

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem at all clear what her specific cause of death was. It might be helpful for people to know, as so many suffer with similar problems.

I wish her family the best.

RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Agree. Depression can kill you without committing suicide. You just slowly waste away. I have seen it more than once.

posted Hide Post
Some great music from good people .
We wonderful talent.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
RIP, you country-family legend.

Sad story, Depression and the rest.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Less than 30 days ago she said she was gonna kill herself… then right before the huge award ceremony?

RIP

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...alth-struggle-report

Naomi Judd died by suicide following a longtime struggle with mental health, according to a new report.

The country legend took her own life on Saturday, multiple sources confirmed to People magazine.

A rep for Judd told Fox News Digital on Monday: "There is an investigation by law enforcement and the coroner’s office."

On Monday, Public Information Officer Williamson told Us Weekly in a statement: "It’s an open investigation, currently we are not releasing any reports, 911 calls or bodycam or dashcam footage. This is a death investigation which is ongoing. There is no police jurisdiction in that area, so only the sheriff’s department attended. We are awaiting information from the detectives from the criminal investigation division."

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Conflicting reports. The coroner will have the final say.

posted Hide Post
Her daughters statement indicates suicide. You really seem to want to believe it wasn’t but I tend to believe the daughters wouldn’t say suicide if it wasn’t.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were conflicting reports, that is all.

posted Hide Post
Do you think the 2 daughters are lying? Point is, the conflict is settled.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
As I said in my first post, suicide.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...icted-120740763.html

Naomi Judd Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Says Daughter Ashley

Naomi Judd Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Says Daughter Ashley

Alex Young
Thu, May 12, 2022, 5:07 AM
The post Naomi Judd Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Says Daughter Ashley appeared first on Consequence.

The exact cause of Naomi Judd’s death has been revealed, as her daughter, Ashley Judd, told Good Morning America that her mother died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

“She used a weapon…a firearm,” Ashley told GMA on Thursday. “So that’s the piece of information we’re very uncomfortable sharing, but understand that we’re in a position, that if we don’t say it, someone else is going to.” Ashley said that she was the one who discovered her mother’s body, and added that “I have both grief and trauma from discovering her.”

Ashley said she chose to disclose the cause of her mother’s death so that the family could control the flow of information before her autopsy was released.

In a joint statement announcing Naomi’s passing on April 30th, Ashley and sister Wynonna Judd said, “We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness.”