https://www.eonline.com/news/1...#l2nl181tm6dzekd44id

This sucks, I loved the Judds. Frown
May 01, 2022, 01:46 PM
Flash-LB
They said mental illness killed her.

I guess that means suicide. That sucks.
May 01, 2022, 04:36 PM
Butch 2340
She was known to be suffering from depression.
RIP.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

May 01, 2022, 06:33 PM
nhtagmember
sad news Frown
May 02, 2022, 10:24 AM
Ronin1069
Just another example of the pull and influence that depression can have on a person. Just a few days before she was to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, and then go on a world-tour, she still felt that taking her own life was the only remaining option to stop the pain.

Heartbreaking.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 02, 2022, 10:58 AM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am not so sure. I realize it is up to the family, but spelling it out would be helpful to others. From what I gather she had Hepatitis and a long history of both inpatient and outpatient care for Major Depression. Sad indeed.
May 02, 2022, 01:53 PM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am not so sure. I realize it is up to the family, but spelling it out would be helpful to others. From what I gather she had Hepatitis and a long history of both inpatient and outpatient care for Major Depression. Sad indeed.

Well, they said mental illness killed her, so that kind of rules out hepatitis and depression doesn't kill you, but it can make you suicidal.
May 02, 2022, 02:41 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Although a number of contrasting views have been alleged about the death of Naomi Judd, it is confirmed that she did not kill herself. Naomi Judd died after battling mental health for years despite battling depression, trepidation, and suicidal thoughts for many years.

LINK: https://abtc.ng/naomi-judd-did-she-kill-herself/
May 02, 2022, 02:49 PM
Marlin Fan
RIP
May 02, 2022, 02:56 PM
jhe888
It doesn't seem at all clear what her specific cause of death was. It might be helpful for people to know, as so many suffer with similar problems.

I wish her family the best.

RIP.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 02, 2022, 03:11 PM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^^^^^^
Agree. Depression can kill you without committing suicide. You just slowly waste away. I have seen it more than once.
May 02, 2022, 03:45 PM
bendable
Some great music from good people .
We wonderful talent.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
May 02, 2022, 06:13 PM
46and2
RIP, you country-family legend.

Sad story, Depression and the rest.
May 02, 2022, 07:07 PM
SIGnified
Less than 30 days ago she said she was gonna kill herself… then right before the huge award ceremony?

RIP

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
May 02, 2022, 09:10 PM
sdy
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...alth-struggle-report

Naomi Judd died by suicide following a longtime struggle with mental health, according to a new report.

The country legend took her own life on Saturday, multiple sources confirmed to People magazine.

A rep for Judd told Fox News Digital on Monday: "There is an investigation by law enforcement and the coroner’s office."

On Monday, Public Information Officer Williamson told Us Weekly in a statement: "It’s an open investigation, currently we are not releasing any reports, 911 calls or bodycam or dashcam footage. This is a death investigation which is ongoing. There is no police jurisdiction in that area, so only the sheriff’s department attended. We are awaiting information from the detectives from the criminal investigation division."
May 02, 2022, 10:26 PM
ZSMICHAEL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Conflicting reports. The coroner will have the final say.
May 03, 2022, 04:52 PM
pedropcola
Her daughters statement indicates suicide. You really seem to want to believe it wasn’t but I tend to believe the daughters wouldn’t say suicide if it wasn’t.
May 04, 2022, 08:15 AM
ZSMICHAEL
There were conflicting reports, that is all.
May 04, 2022, 04:09 PM
pedropcola
Do you think the 2 daughters are lying? Point is, the conflict is settled.
May 12, 2022, 09:07 AM
Flash-LB
As I said in my first post, suicide.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...icted-120740763.html

Naomi Judd Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Says Daughter Ashley

Naomi Judd Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Says Daughter Ashley

Alex Young
Thu, May 12, 2022, 5:07 AM
The post Naomi Judd Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Says Daughter Ashley appeared first on Consequence.

The exact cause of Naomi Judd’s death has been revealed, as her daughter, Ashley Judd, told Good Morning America that her mother died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

“She used a weapon…a firearm,” Ashley told GMA on Thursday. “So that’s the piece of information we’re very uncomfortable sharing, but understand that we’re in a position, that if we don’t say it, someone else is going to.” Ashley said that she was the one who discovered her mother’s body, and added that “I have both grief and trauma from discovering her.”

Ashley said she chose to disclose the cause of her mother’s death so that the family could control the flow of information before her autopsy was released.

In a joint statement announcing Naomi’s passing on April 30th, Ashley and sister Wynonna Judd said, “We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness.”