SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Highlander reboot w. Henry Cavill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highlander reboot w. Henry Cavill Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
quote:
Originally posted by TRMN8R:
But, at the same time, how do you top a French dude playing a Scotsman; and a Scotsman playing...a Spaniard Big Grin ?!

Actually, a Scotsman playing an Egyptian who was metallurgist to the King of Spain - and used a Japanese blade.

What a guy!

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The sound track to the original is one of my favorites. Such a great snap shot of the eighties.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, seriously. Michael Kamen and Queen would be hard to top these days.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Highlander, the original film is streaming on Amazon Prime. The X-Ray commentary looks to be interesting. The first one reads
quote:
Queen originally intended to record only one song for this movie, but after viewing footage from the movie, they were inspired to write more. The band members each had a favorite scene and composed songs specifically for them. Brian May wrote "Who Wants to Live Forever" during the cab ride home after seeing the move, and Roger Taylor used the line "It's a kind of magic" as the basis for the end title song.

Pretty cool.

I'm 13 minutes in and there's additional scenes I do not remember from the VHS I had. Video quality looks touched up in a lot of scenes as well. Some of the original scenes like Connor lying on the ground "dying" in the battle with the Fraziers, the video quality looks very degraded. Must be a different cut.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It’s a by-product of the way they did the VFX back then. If there’s no VFX, then the negative is only exposed once and can be remastered pretty easily. If you have VFX, then you’re looking at multiple exposures for each layer which degrades the print. If you have money, this can be fixed or dealt with, but the only Highlander project that had big money thrown at it was Highlander 2.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the movies, has anyone here seen all five?

I'm probably the only one.

Highlander
Highlander 2: The Quickening (both versions)
Highlander 3
Highlander 4
Highlander: The Source

Highlander: The Source has got to be the worst one ever. Worse than 2!

I never watched the animated series. I actually liked 1 and 4.

I found a link with the Henry Cavill news from May 21:

https://deadline.com/2021/05/h...tahelski-1234761916/

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Haven’t watched The Source, but have seen both versions of 2. The making of 2 is a fascinating tale if anyone hasn’t heard it. Here’s a playlist covering it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...t=PL929552D6FB0996CD

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It’s a by-product of the way they did the VFX back then.

We’re both right. The version streaming on Amazon is the uncut version with additional scenes.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0091203/alternateversions

Phelen, I’ve seen all but The Source, and I’ll watch that tonight. Pretty sure I saw it’s available on Amazon.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I share the drinkers sentiments:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Can’t argue with anything in that video. They need to stop re-making everything in today’s boring, inoffensive style, which this will no doubt be. “You a fag, Nash?” Need I say more? Shit, on that note, they’ll probably make him “pansexual” since he’ll have had five hundred years to “experiment and live his truth.” Calling it now.

posted Hide Post
I agree. Hollywood needs to engage their left brains back into creativity instead of social issues and make original content that doesn’t suck. That being said, if you do a remake and do it well, I will gladly watch it. Problem is, they rarely do them well. Or even good.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I’m willing to give Henry Cavil and the John Wick team a shot. It’s not like ruining Star Trek or Star Wars with long histories of quality.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I agree. Hollywood needs to engage their left brains back into creativity instead of social issues and make original content that doesn’t suck. That being said, if you do a remake and do it well, I will gladly watch it. Problem is, they rarely do them well. Or even good.

I have read a lot of Sci Fi, and can think of a good double handful of books that could be made into movies or series , (and likely ruined Cool)

surely there are a schload of other genre's that also could be developed into movies or series as well........

instead we get fast n furious 38
spiderman version 12.0
and some rehash of a Marvel comic where the super villain and super hero destroy 1/2 the world to save it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post