SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Highlander reboot w. Henry Cavill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highlander reboot w. Henry Cavill Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
No link, sorry. Just saw a blurb a friend posted on Facebook. She is in heat for Henry so I don't doubt it. Anyway, looked like a post by Cavill. Lionsgate film. Chad Shahelski directing?

I liked The Witcher, so it could be good.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
A Netflix series or a movie?

Either way, I'm in. I didn't really like the movies, but I watched the hell out of the show with Adrian Paul.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Connor MacLeod LIVES! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16211 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
On 21 May 2021, it was announced that Henry Cavill was in talks to have a lead role in the reboot, although his exact character is unknown.[33]

Highlander Franchise (Wiki Link)

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an action-heavy movie, if Stahelski is directing. I like Cavill but if he gets the role, all I'll be able to think about is him being either Superman or the Witcher. Right now, there are a lot of people up for various roles in the movie, so we'll have to wait and see.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. The first one. The sequels were rubbish.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:

There can be only one

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

There can be only one

Agreed. But the show was good also.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I did see the television show. I liked it.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There can be only one

and may it be, Duncan MacLeod.

Razz

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I love Cavil, a big fan. Such a humble guy. I'll watch it for sure.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
The first movie was great. I would love to see a remake with Cavill starring. He plays a good action hero or bad guy.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I kinda hope they get Daniel Craig, or even Brosnan to fill for Connery.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I kinda hope they get Daniel Craig, or even Brosnan to fill for Connery.

Eh, I dunno. I get the Bond connection and I liked Connery in the role of Ramirez, but it always seemed like a bit of a stretch having a Scotsman playing an Egyptian/Spaniard. Not like having a Frenchman playing a Scotsman was less ridiculous, but it worked with the weird accent he had in "modern day." I liked Brosnan and Craig as Bond, but I don't know that those guys need to follow around Connery reprising his roles from back in the day.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
quote:

Concur.

But, at the same time, how do you top a French dude playing a Scotsman; and a Scotsman playing...a Spaniard Big Grin ?!

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...

Posts: 721 | Location: Harley City, GA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
I saw the original Highlander when it first came out on VHS (yeah, I’m feckin’ old, I know Roll Eyes ). But, my point is, for ME, that movie was iconic in the same way the original Terminator was. And, I just don’t need a new version of it, because it could never be better than the first one. PERIOD.

Besides, how many retreads of original films do they need to make anyway?? Can’t Hollyweird come out with ANYthing actually original anymore??

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM

Posts: 721 | Location: Harley City, GA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRMN8R:
quote:

Concur.

But, at the same time, how do you top a French dude playing a Scotsman; and a Scotsman playing...a Spaniard Big Grin ?!

The same way a Brit from Yorkshire can play a Frenchmen named Picard. Back to Highlander didn't Connery's character say he was Egyptian on the boat where he was teaching balance?

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Yesh, yesh he did.

Big Grin

The original was a great movie!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Concur.

The same way a Brit from Yorkshire can play a Frenchmen named Picard. Back to Highlander didn't Connery's character say he was Egyptian on the boat where he was teaching balance?

He did, indeed.

But, just to “confirm” (?), after watching EVERY season of STNG, at NO point in time did I ever believe Picard was (supposed to be) a Frenchman, either. Professor X couldn’t be more British if he tried Roll Eyes .

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM

posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually, a Scotsman playing an Egyptian who was metallurgist to the King of Spain - and used a Japanese blade.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post