SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Arcane: League of Legends on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arcane: League of Legends on Netflix Login/Join 
Member!
posted
What a stupid name for a show series! But damn it's an EXCELLENT animated show! Who woulda thunk it? Most adaptations from games suck badly!! This was quite the surprise. No you don't need to know a thing about the game. I didn't! But the series very compelling with fluid and artistic animations, great story line, great PG13 fight scenes, and VERY interesting characters and development, and excellent voice-overs.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this was an excellent show series, because it rates 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, 9.2/10 on IMDB. Supposedly it's Netflix's highest rated show ever. While y0unger kids can watch it as it's seems pretty PG13 level in violence and language, it seems much more adult level content story-wise.

Posts: 4351 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless it's a Looney Toon, Merrie Melody, or older Disney animated movie, I'm not usually into cartoons but I watched the first episode of this series based on the recommendation of Critical Drinker (youtube movie critic). Because his and my likes and dislikes are similar I gave the show a chance and wound up binge watching.

The themes and plot are all things we've seen before but with a different setting/universe. I went into the show thinking the animation would be of the Johnny Quest/GI Joe garbage and was pleasantly surprised to find that was not the case.

I like it and am looking forward to season 2.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is excellent, and a friend at Riot Games tells me there’s plenty of story left.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2365 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just finished it .

I was bored and figured, why not…figuring I’d turn it off at some point.

Didn’t realize it was from a game.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It has been on my list for a long time but I never pulled the trigger. From this thread it would appear I've been missing out and should move to watch it. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode and was surprised to hear the very distinctive voice of Shohreh Aghdashloo who plays Chrisjen Avasarala, UN Secretaary General, on The Expanse.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Watched the first episode and was surprised to hear the very distinctive voice of Shohreh Aghdashloo who plays Chrisjen Avasarala, UN Secretaary General, on The Expanse.

Yep, one of the most recognizable voices ever. I also didn’t realize the show was based on a game, but finished the whole season and thought it was excellent.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17299 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I was very happily surprised with the quality, and if this is the future of animation for shows, that makes me even more excited.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It goes to show you that a great story is a great story no matter what the medium is.

Posts: 4206 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Finished the season and agree with others above who expressed their satisfaction with all aspects of the series.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm only on the fourth episode but I keep rewinding to catch as many Easter Eggs as I can. As a League player, I keep geeking out over these character backstories.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That was really good! Thanks for the heads up! I had been ignoring it until I read this thread.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16191 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post