SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in? Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I thought they pulled off the intro of the Whisperers well. Built up the strange behavior of the herds and added in the whispers. Well done. It was cool to see the zombie suddenly moving quickly to surprise Jesus.

Jesus staying behind was another well we know where this is going moment. The show does not do a good job of selling why these characters make the decisions they make.

I am so done with Negan. My assumption is this is the beginning of Negan's redemption arc and that he will help in the coming war with the Whisperers.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
They killed Jesus!!! Nooooo!!!

Yeah, but maybe he’ll be back. Sorry, couldn’t resist. Razz

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
I am so done with Negan.

Right there with ya. For me, the show really soured as soon as he was introduced, and has never recovered.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
On the Talking Dead, Jesus talked about getting that call. Scott Gimple must be a walker for killing off main characters at the same time he is losing others.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I was actually a little disappointed in the Whisperers story arc even if they are loosely following the comic books. I thought that the zombies evolving would have been a fantastic plot twist to spice up the series after it has been stale for so long. But with the whisperers turning out to be just another group of humans that our heroes must conquer is just more of the same.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
By the way, why the hell would they kill off Jesus? IMO he's been the most interesting new character in the last several seasons. I'd rank him only behind Michonne, Daryl and Carol, of those remaining since Rick and Maggie's exit. Not only that, but he just got a sword, and also showed you can use martial arts on zombies just fine.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The series is more tolerable when binged watched which I did.

I bailed sometime last season and missed how negan was imprisoned.

For the bridge, didn't no one think of like putting up a section to stop walkers? like having a draw bridge section so the walkers will just drop to the river?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wrapped it up yesterday, all caught up til Feb.

Not sure how Rick ended up in the river? You'd think the blast would've blown him backward into the road, not 90* into the river? Confused

Overall, I think the show's improved a bit, the last few episodes were better to watch than quite a few of the preceding episodes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
All caught up. Really not sure what to make of things. I guess after the Rick episode, the time line moves ahead some 2 to 4 years I'd say with the introduction and age of Judith?? I'm not sure if this show has jumped the shark or not, but I guess I'm too far vested to give it up now. How many more seasons are there going to be??

Someone mentioned The Whisperers above...kinda creepy. Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah the comic does this same time jump after finishing the Saviors / Negan.

But Carl and Rick are still alive and involved in the comic, obviously the show substitutes Judith and Michonne.

This season has been better than previous, I keep watching but am not nearly as interested - usually watch while surfing the internet, whereas before it was a family event to watch.

I kept watching that awful Sons of Anarchy until the end, even after the train was fully off the tracks so I'll keep watching this until the bitter end more than likely.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
FWIW I believe I heard there was a six year jump.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
FWIW I believe I heard there was a six year jump.

Sounds about right, given Judith was barely self-mobile & seems to be 8-9 now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Beyond even the smallest of complaints about this how from day one...

Beyond how silly it has gotten (beyond even the shooting without even the basics of BUIS, let alone optics) or the logistics...

I got REALLY uninterested last season.

THIS season.... I'm honestly not sure you could pay me 100 bucks to watch each episode, for the low, low price of 100 bucks per episode.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear Rick dies.

Honestly? Who gives a fuck anymore? He has been a whiny bitch the past 2 seasons. We already did the whiny bitch story line.

This show has run its course. END it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Since you did not watch. The last few seasons were rough. The current season is more interesting. The time jump allowed a soft reset of the world where we have our familiar characters and setting but a bunch of fresh storylines.

quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Beyond even the smallest of complaints about this how from day one...

Beyond how silly it has gotten (beyond even the shooting without even the basics of BUIS, let alone optics) or the logistics...

I got REALLY uninterested last season.

THIS season.... I'm honestly not sure you could pay me 100 bucks to watch each episode, for the low, low price of 100 bucks per episode.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear Rick dies.

Honestly? Who gives a fuck anymore? He has been a whiny bitch the past 2 seasons. We already did the whiny bitch story line.

This show has run its course. END it.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nitpicky question. How do they have battery powered flashlights, what 9-10 years after the zombie apocalypse started? Even Duracell isn't that good. I demand realism in my science fiction zombie world!

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
***SPOILER*** I FFW to the end of the last episode of season 8 when Rick cuts Neegan's throat then says "save him" Ugh. Then I turned it off.

I find this happens a lot with shows based on comic books. All the shoe horned morality crap. Neegan was a wart on the ass of humanity. He deserves and needs to DIE. so, no, don't "save him"

I'm way behind b/c I watch it on Netflix. I'm done watching the series now though, the end of season 8 was beyond stupid.

Yeah, that was so lame to keep Neegan around, should have killed him and all of his crew. Just like the stupidity of Jesus taking prisoners, should have killed them all like Maggie wanted to.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
i can't believe walking dead is still on, people just dont know when the close the cottons

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Its back on tonight.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**crickets and a spoiler**

OK the show continues floundering but this moment almost made that lost hour worth it.

"Language! I'm a kid, asshole." Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night. Thought it was a decent episode. Decent enough anyway.

And yeah, the Judith quote was money.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post