SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in? Login/Join 
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Wow, they are going for another season (post 8)! I'm burnt on it. I endured season 8, because I wanted to see Negan ripped to bloody shreds, as he deserved, then they pulled this BS "oh, we can't kill him crap".

I honestly thought the series was over, as it seems like they ended in a "happily ever after place", with no cliff-hangers.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I thought the writing was supposed to get better ... guess someone really wanted a wagon

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
One the things I've always wondered about, is nobody has ever said: "Oh man, do you smell that? There must be a walker in that room!" I'm thinking dead bodies can stink really bad, but no one ever wrinkles a nostril!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I thought the writing was supposed to get better ... guess someone really wanted a wagon

I guess getting the seeds made sense but everything else in the museum was so stupid, even by TWD standards. A lot of people have given the show a lot of Sunday nights over many years, they owe us better than this.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Seems like ages ago, but I remember Monday morning posts on TWD used to be multiple pages long.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wagon scene was about the dumbest thing I've seen on TWD in a long time. You're telling me they couldn't find a wagon, plow or canoe anywhere other than a museum? C'mon, man.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or that the horses couldn't pull the wagon through all the mud. Which appeared to be a small mud puddle on the side of a dry road.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah, another season? I don't think so. same old bad decisions by the same old people. Nothing new or interesting.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06wrb:
Or that the horses couldn't pull the wagon through all the mud. Which appeared to be a small mud puddle on the side of a dry road.

That and the drama with the walkers coming towards them. Acted like it was first season experience in killing them - run away. But then the dude goes down and now everyone comes back and kills them all.

They live in a society where they have to dispose of these zombies, not run away and hope to avoid them forever. They have to be eradicated.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Like I said, I finished SOA, so I'll finish TWD. It's easy to watch with a DVR and laugh at some of the dumb stuff - like the wagon and plow retrieval stupidity.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I used to be a big fan from the beginning, but stopped the same season when Glenn got whacked. Enough was enough, I haven't missed it since, not one tiny bit.

Dude, same here. I don’t mind blood and gore one bit, but for some weird reason, that episode turned me off to the entire series.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Watched it from a recording...I hit the “jump ahead 30 seconds” button A LOT. Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
It was terrible, all of it. The only smart move was Maggie hanging Gregory for hi asshattery. Which should have happened a couple seasons ago.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Past time to gently insert a knife into the ear of this show, and plunge to the hilt.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
It jumped the shark for me when they brought the Nagan character in. Just got needlessly dark for me. Stuck it out about half of that season hoping it would be a short lived detour, but them moved on.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The touching "told you so" conversation with Negan told me all that I need to know. This season will be predictable and shitty. You locked a psychopath in your basement. Gee, wonder what happens when he gets out?

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Season 9 promises to be wow amazing...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16252 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, I didn’t think it was possible for the show to get any worse, but this season is proving me wrong. And the whole Rick and Michonne thing is just...yuck.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
One bright spot - Sydney Park (Cyndie, from the all-woman clan) was beyond smoking hot on TWD.

Edit: meant to write TD as in Talking Dead.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
One bright spot - Sydney Park (Cyndie, from the all-woman clan) was beyond smoking hot on TWD.
YES SHE WAS!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post