SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in? Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
In the end, the Whispers do not fear walls. In their opinion, walls are just death traps. They control herds of walkers, and as far as the Whispers are concerned, they can just bring a herd up to the walls to take it down. They've seen walls fall before, I'm sure.

If there was a cavalier attitude, it's because the Whispers hold the trump card.

Makes sense. There has been a lot of rumbling from those who've read TWD about the Whisperers for some time. The extent of their threat would seem considerable, they'll be around a while I guess. As such Alpha shouldn't be going away soon.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
The crying baby scene was good to show just how batpoop crazy Alpha is. Combined with the severe blow she dealt to her daughter immediately upon seeing her, and they did a decent job telling us what her potential is.

I did like that the blacksmith got the baby. Nice touch.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
The crying baby scene was good to show just how batpoop crazy Alpha is. Combined with the severe blow she dealt to her daughter immediately upon seeing her, and they did a decent job telling us what her potential is.

I did like that the blacksmith got the baby. Nice touch.

I think a nice touch regarding the crying baby scene was that Alpha didn't make anyone do anything, and didn't herself do anything unreasonable. She isn't crazy--she's just 100% pragmatic.

Baby starts crying and Alpha doesn't say a word. Everyone just knows that a crying baby out in the world is a dead baby--and if the mom can't keep the baby quiet then it's going to be a dead mom too. When the baby is rescued, Alpha isn't pissed. In her opinion, it's just a matter of time until the Hilltop collapses as well.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm actually wondering if Negan will play the hero in the upcoming war, maybe even be the one to take out Alpha. He did return to his cell, didn't he?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I actually like having Darryl being the main guy. He's talked more this year than the past 9-10 years combined.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Prediction and therefor possible SPOILER:

The Whispers get into Hilltop and are about to gain control, or pose some other equally near disastrous threat, and Judith lets Negan out of his cell. He's instrumental in defeating them.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I hope they kill off Henry soon. He is worse than Carl.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You know...I'm only watching because I have so much vested time in this series. I was kinda disappointed to hear there will be a 10th season. This show needs to wrap up...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yeah, at this point I'd be happy if the mother of herds just wiped out everyone, everywhere.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
A fairly good episode tonight. Action-packed, not too much with the soap opera stuff of the earlier season. More hand-to-hand combat, as the writers had promised. Wondering how the Highwaymen will figure into things. Also not sure if the King is being propped for a larger leadership role, or being set up for a kill (which has been rumored).

Overall I thought it was more like the "old" TWD.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Henry needs to go. So does Alpha's daughter.

It annoys me when hollyweird makes big guys invincible. Jaws, Beta, etc. He may be 6'5", but so am I and I can promise you a switchblade to my chest will wake me right on up. Ridiculous.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
You know...I'm only watching because I have so much vested time in this series. I was kinda disappointed to hear there will be a 10th season. This show needs to wrap up...

I agree it needs to wrap up. Which why we wrapped it up after the first show of this new season. We are done with it.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Henry needs to go. So does Alpha's daughter.

It annoys me when hollyweird makes big guys invincible. Jaws, Beta, etc. He may be 6'5", but so am I and I can promise you a switchblade to my chest will wake me right on up. Ridiculous.

I thought the entire fight between he and Daryl was bad. Daryl firing one arrow right at a door, then drops his crossbow for some unknown reason. Daryl gets a kill with a formidable axe...then drops the axe. He and beta fight with 4 huge knives, yet nobody gets a significant cut, I don't think. Then the thing with the knife and Beta's chest, and finally, Beta falls down the shaft, but Daryl doesn't confirm the kill.

And yes, Henry needs to go, but Alpha's daughter can stay, only because she's cute.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So a group of "highway men" has existed for what, a decade, riding horses and robbing unsuspecting travelers of enough to sustain the perps? With all the separate communities in the area, these guys just now show up? And after all this time, you choose to go with a muzzle loader? Maybe all these new groups laid low until Rick left the party.

Kind of good to see "SOA's" Opie getting work so there's that.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I think the series is improving.

I actually like interpersonal relationships. Remember, this isn't a show about the zombie apocalypse. It's a drama that just happens to take place in one.

I'd like to see a group of survivors that are so experienced and tightly knit that they show up at the hilltop, stop in to trade a few things, and say "We're just passing through, good luck to you guys though. See ya."

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This season has been much better than the last couple.

I thought last nights episode was a pretty good watch.

My favorite part was Carol's "When is the last time you watched a movie" line. Inserted some levity without being ridiculous.

I imagine that the fair is going to turn into a shit show with the Whisperers wreaking all kinds of havoc.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just watched "Talking Dead" after the latest episode and didn't realize that Beta was being played by Ryan Hurst...GREAT actor!! Really liked him in We Were Soldiers, Remember the Titans, and others, but never watched Sons of Anarchy. Really, really like his acting, so maybe I'll be able to hang on for the season and maybe next if he remains a key character/component, which I doubt he will. Dang...didn't realize he was so tall. Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just how the hell is that haji woman at the Kingdom so goddamn fat? I thought food was scarce. I guess we can see why.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Just how the hell is that haji woman at the Kingdom so goddamn fat? I thought food was scarce. I guess we can see why.

Insulin resistance?

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

posted Hide Post
^^^Perhaps, but not very likely she’d be around in a post-apocalyptic world if that were the case. More likely resistance to saying no to seconds.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post