SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 9, anyone in? Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
*spoiler*

On TWD Scott Gimple said Rick is going to be in spinoff "films," continuing his story, and that there are plans for other shows in the Walking Dead universe. We just thought Gimple was out as showrunner (or whatever his title was) because his product had become too ridiculous. Joke's on us!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
**Spoiler**

I'm happy enough. Entertaining and not unusually ridiculous. The scene with Hershel (the recently passed Scott Wilson) and Rick was worth my hour.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
That's not far off the plan lol. The boat to England.

Be interesting to see where they take it. The show is a money making machine, still, so we shall see how long it goes for.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remind me again why there were boxes of dynamite on the bridge, that they were trying to save>

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
Remind me again why there were boxes of dynamite on the bridge, that they were trying to save>

Because they needed a big explosion for Rick's exit. Big Grin

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Spoiler...

Granting zombies the ability to speak and reason definitely ups the "Horror" effect. Cool I'm in.

Posts: 544 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
I see the whisperers are coming soon. That should be an interesting story line.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
..Scott Gimple said Rick is going to be in spinoff "films," continuing his story, and that there are plans for other shows in the Walking Dead universe.

Maybe viable if they can pump something out pretty quick but as the base of TWD dissolves, Rick Grimes will fade out of interest. If the show chugs along successfully, Grimes necessarily doesn't really matter. If the unlikely occurs, a new or different fan base, one again RG doesn't matter.

Look at Fear the Walking Dead. In reality, who needs it? It's pushed the walker apocalypse envelope too far already and AMC thinks they can just keep making that universe bigger and bigger?

I wish Andrew Lincoln the best, thanks for the years as a memorable character, surely his future is not being Rick Grimes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:

I had to go back to episode 2, and the answer is still vague, but Rosita was using the dynamite to control the herds. Something about blowing a rock slide. No idea whose idea it was to store it on the bridge.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Supposedly they are making a Rick Grimes Trilogy of TV films dealing with this time after he is taken away.

They are going to have to come up with a darn good reason why he never makes it back to his family. Perhaps be dies at the end of the trilogy.

In all honesty, I would have preferred if he died while blowing the bridge. Just move on.

In other news Maggie's character is done for the season and possibly forever if they can not get the actress to come back.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
In other news Maggie's character is done for the season and possibly forever if they can not get the actress to come back.

Wow. I didn't expect that. I thought they were setting her up to be the main character in Rick's place, but it sounds like they weren't willing to pay what she wanted. I don't know if that's because she wasn't slated to play a bigger part, or not, but it sounds like she will only be back on occasion, if at all, in season 10.

She is getting other roles, so I kind of don't blame her. Smart for her to add to her resume while she's still a hottie, IMO.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This is the way I understand the situation.

Lauren Cohan's, the actress who plays Maggie, contract was up and she was looking for Rick and Daryl money. While negotiations were ongoing she starred in a pilot that was picked up to series. Her ability to play Maggie is dependent on how the new series goes, but it sounds like TWD braintrust would like to have her back when they can.

When it was announced that Rick was leaving the braintrust said they were going to transition Daryl into the main role.

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:

Wow. I didn't expect that. I thought they were setting her up to be the main character in Rick's place, but it sounds like they weren't willing to pay what she wanted. I don't know if that's because she wasn't slated to play a bigger part, or not, but it sounds like she will only be back on occasion, if at all, in season 10.

She is getting other roles, so I kind of don't blame her. Smart for her to add to her resume while she's still a hottie, IMO.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ Chances of the ABC show she'll be in, Whiskey Cavalier, lasting more than a season are slim, since that's the nature of the beast. If she doesn't get many high profile jobs after that, she may come back to TWD, and with less leverage to negotiate a new contract.

Perhaps on the bright side, TWD had strayed away from characters that used to play almost-central roles - Rosita, Tara, Aaron, even Ezekiel. Best I can recall, all we've seen of either of those is when Aaron got his arm turned to a twisted mess. Maybe some of them will get some screen time. I'm partial to Rosita, and Aaron is a pretty cool character, though the gay scenes I could do without.

All that being said, I could bail on the show at any time. At this point it's just force of habit that compels me to watch.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I could have sworn I heard a walker in one of the previews say "where is she?" In another preview they said the walkers were evolving. Anyone else catch that?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep, and in another shot they are seen congregating with someone asking if they've ever done that before. Looks like the way they're escalating the threat is to make the walkers thinking and talking, at least to some degree.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
**SPOILER**

Those talking zombies have not evolved. They are a huge group of people called “the whisperers” that actually filet the entire skin off of a zombie and wear it like a Halloween costume. They hide in the herds of walkers and they are very bad.

——————————————————————————————————

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by siggers:
**SPOILER**

Uh, the "SPOILER* alert is generally accepted to mean "don't read unless you've already watched the movie/most recent show episode," not "I have inside info that probably none of you know, and likely you do not want to know." If you are going to post those kinds of spoilers, please use a more specific spoiler warning, or start another thread for such spoilers.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
I can't believe the stupid assed show is STILL ON!

The characters from season 1&2 CONSTANTLY made such stupid decisions. I couldn't bear to watch anymore.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Its apparent now, we have whisperers! Did anyone watch the talking dead? When Sophia came out, it was really hard to concentrate on what she was saying. I had to look her up she is 20 years old.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
They killed Jesus!!! Nooooo!!!

And Negan bounced jail. Who saw that coming? Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."