SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26):
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26): Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted

https://youtu.be/uJMCNJP2ipI?si=4Z1r8GnJaacU4L5i

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm going to see it. My favorite line in the whole trailer is, "Pegging isn't new to me, but it is for Disney..."

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No thanks. I didn’t think the first couple were any good. Reynolds isn’t funny and talks entirely too much in all his films. When I’m saying aloud “Does this clown ever shut the fuck up” it’s enough. This is a Disney product so extra motivation to avoid. Until the wokeness is stopped being pushed up our asses they don’t deserve a cent. My goodness the SuperHo thing is just beyond played out. Wolverine and Deadpool, it’s like Predator vs. Aliens Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will wait and see. I liked the first one, but thought the second one was just OK. Like many movie series, the first one is fresh, but then the subsequent movies get bogged down with even more of the same. His shtick of constant witty comments just gets old after a while. Plus not sure about bringing the TVA into it. I’ve checked out of the MCU. Far too much to keep track of, and you have to see a lot of previous movies/series to figure things out.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's written by the folks that did Deadpool 1 and 2 so it's not been handled by the usual DEI Marvel Trash and directed by Shaun Levy who did "Free Guy" with Ryan Reynolds. It's also staying Rated R.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It's written by the folks that did Deadpool 1 and 2

The real heroes of the movie.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
No thanks. I didn’t think the first couple were any good. Reynolds isn’t funny and talks entirely too much in all his films. When I’m saying aloud “Does this clown ever shut the fuck up” it’s enough. This is a Disney product so extra motivation to avoid. Until the wokeness is stopped being pushed up our asses they don’t deserve a cent. My goodness the SuperHo thing is just beyond played out. Wolverine and Deadpool, it’s like Predator vs. Aliens Big Grin

The first two are the antithesis of ‘woke’ and if anything, both films do nothing but make fun of the “SuperHo thing” as you call it.

Did you actually watch the first 2 movies? Because your post makes it sound like you are simply checking the boxes of:
- Everything is ‘woke’
- Why I hate Superhero movies
- Why I hate Disney even more

If you did watch the first two, I don’t think you get ‘the bit’.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

The first two are the antithesis of ‘woke’ and if anything, both films do nothing but make fun of the “SuperHo thing” as you call it.

Did you actually watch the first 2 movies? Because your post makes it sound like you are simply checking the boxes of:
- Everything is ‘woke’
- Why I hate Superhero movies
- Why I hate Disney even more

If you did watch the first two, I don’t think you get ‘the bit’.

The woke reference is the company behind this trash, Disney. Continually pumping out this trash, more than most. So this new SuperHo thing won’t be woke, neat. 1 out of 100. Rest of their garbage is. Just because they put out something R rated, doesn’t mean a whole lot at this stage of the game. If you have eyes and ears you’ve seen all the other bs that they do. Holler at me when Kennedy and a whole bunch more get fired. Not supporting this company with a red cent.

I said I had seen the first two. Neither were noteworthy and Ryan Reynolds never shuts up in any of his roles. The jokes were bad, stale, and didn’t care for them. They were not good films to me. We don’t have to all agree. Just because someone doesn’t like something that you apparently like, doesn’t give you any grounds to call them a liar. I’ve seen all their bs until the past year where I said enough and no more. Just another skin tight suit movie with some “tee hees” thrown in.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^
I questioned whether you’ve seen the movie for the reasons I stated. That said, not everything appeals to everyone.

On an unrelated note…your signature line is one of my favorite scenes ever in a film and I just hit the YouTube to watch it once again.

Apologies if you took offense to my criticism of your post of if you believe I challenged your integrity.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will see this for sure when it comes out on disc. I liked the Deadpool movies.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
As for Prefontaine's complaint about Ryan Reynold's chattiness, this role is perfect for that since the comic book version of Deadpool doesn't stop talking either.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. Dead Pool, even Dead Pool 2, have great replay value!

Posts: 3539 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
As for Prefontaine's complaint about Ryan Reynold's chattiness, this role is perfect for that since the comic book version of Deadpool doesn't stop talking either.

No one better to play the Merc With A Mouth while Deadpool teamed up (and against) Volverine a lot in the comics. They're also keeping to the spirit of the comics unlike when Fox saw how much money Dark Horse Comics made off of several limited runs of Alien Vs. Predator and hired the retard that fucked up the Resident Evil movies to ruin that IP.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
hey watch that r word. we're not allowed to say "r"esident evil movies. lol.

I'm working the weekend of the 26th so my kid and I will watch this the Monday after.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
hey watch that r word. we're not allowed to say "r"esident evil movies. lol.

I still have flashes of PTSD from when I saw The Final Chapter.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11169 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Can.
Not.
Wait!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Okay, saw a South Park this weekend with my son where Cartman freezes himself for three weeks so he can suspend the waiting for Nintendo Wii to come out. Hilarity ensues.

Must say that right now I wish I had not clicked on that new trailer because IMO Cartman may have not been as off his rocker as I thought when I rewatched SP this Saturday. And fortunately (un?), I have a mountain just FULL of snow right now just an hour away. And this is not a cocaine reference, although it could be.

Haven't waited in line for an opening day in a long time. Looks like that's gonna change in a few months.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Liefield's Only Feet....