SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Peter Gunn, Rockford, Dan Tana, Rick Simon
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Gunn, Rockford, Dan Tana, Rick Simon Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
Sledge Hammer!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090525/

Yes - Sledge and his gun!!!

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
Nick Stone carried a snubbie in the first SOB holster that I had ever seen.

Emma Peel.

Rick Grimes.

Molly Solverson (and her Dad, Lou).

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Hutch (David Soul) of Starsky & Hutch. An eight-inch Colt Python, IIRC. Starsky had a S&W M59. However, this and most of the other shows and movies mentioned are before 1980. It wasn't until circa the mid-1980s that automatics started to become popular with police, which influenced the civilian sector.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Truck Turner

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Hunter did not rely exclusively on revolvers.

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carl Kolchak
Ellery Queen

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, Lt. Castillo on Miami Vice favored revolvers.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
And Detective Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon (the movie at least, I haven't seen the series but I assume that character is using an autoloader now.

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Dan Mathews.
Highway Patrol.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
CHIPS. they carried Colt Pythons. Ponch Poncherello.

That would be John Baker and Frank Poncherello. My all time favorite show as a kid. I would watch the intro like a hawk for the pistol shot. Great memories!

Posts: 167 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
If I recall correctly, Lt. Castillo on Miami Vice favored revolvers.

And swords. I thought Lt. Castillo was the really cool one on Miami Vice. Loved the episodes that featured him.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barney Fife

Posts: 65 | Registered: May 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, Dan Troop.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I think Barnaby Jones did.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the books Travis McGee used several weapons including just his hands. There is one book where the bad guy gets shot by a colt 1911. I remember John D. Mcdonald describing in great detail including FPS and bullet weight and the scientific impact it had on the guy. Lot of it is old now but he nailed it.

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Eliot Ness, The Untouchables > S&W Official Police .38

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Hamden on Sigforum Smile

Posts: 6291 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Mr. Wheel gun, Boston Blackie

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duke of Detroit
posted Hide Post
Lenny Briscoe! I love to watch the early episodes of Law and Order. Cool

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas

Posts: 1047 | Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Rod Cameron as Lt. Rod Blake in State Trooper (circa 1957) kept his Colt snubbie in his pants pocket.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post