SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    True Detective s.4: Night Country
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
True Detective s.4: Night Country Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Season 1 was very good indeed and left you wanting there would be a second Season.
Season 2 wasn’t related to the First one, a completely new and different story. Third and Fourth also are their own thing.

Watched S4E4 and am more and more wishing that whatever is out there will grab everyone and take them, with extreme violence, into the night.

0-0


"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
 
Posts: 12069 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I'm watching season 2 now.
Did no one see the connection between season 1 and the masks on the wall in the house in season 2, episode 2?





He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
 
Posts: 39696 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Still the outlier. I like Season 4, good tv, not great and nowhere near as good as season 1 and even season 3. I semi-liked Season 2, but I'd put Season 4 a bit above Season 2.
 
Posts: 3528 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I’m actually watching Season 2 again and it is better than I remember. Maybe just easier to follow the second time around. Still been long enough that I don’t remember the whole resolution.



I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
 
Posts: 10453 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Season 1 was very good indeed and left you wanting there would be a second Season.
Season 2 wasn’t related to the First one, a completely new and different story. Third and Fourth also are their own thing.


They are all connected. Even the first season Matthew says he grew up in Alaska.


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 34027 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It FINALLY got crunchy, but now with 60% more blatant cop murder.


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 34027 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Spoilers inbound, so skip this post if you don't want to read something unusual.

Was it just my eyes playing tricks, or did anyone else notice the painting of Cthulhu on a wall inside of the dredge?
 
Posts: 688 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
As a big fan of the first season, having watched it no less than three times, I have been following this thread. I made up my mind about this 4th season about halfway through the trailer; I am not going to watch it; ever.

That being said, I am not opposed to reading spoilers. I am a big Lovecraft fan, having read most of his stories; more than a few of them multiple times. A mention of Cthulhu is almost an insult, in the context of this turd television show.

I can, however, see how an image of the "spaghetti monster" from the first season might be confused with Cthulhu. Maybe the spaghetti monster was supposed to be an elder god sort of creature all along, and is indeed making a return in this season.

Either way, I'll continue to read everyone's comments here. It will serve to satisfy my mild curiosity, without having to endure the actual show.
 
Posts: 1988 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
As a big fan of the first season, having watched it no less than three times, I have been following this thread. I made up my mind about this 4th season about halfway through the trailer; I am not going to watch it; ever.

That being said, I am not opposed to reading spoilers. I am a big Lovecraft fan, having read most of his stories; more than a few of them multiple times. A mention of Cthulhu is almost an insult, in the context of this turd television show.

I can, however, see how an image of the "spaghetti monster" from the first season might be confused with Cthulhu. Maybe the spaghetti monster was supposed to be an elder god sort of creature all along, and is indeed making a return in this season.

Either way, I'll continue to read everyone's comments here. It will serve to satisfy my mild curiosity, without having to endure the actual show.
I don't blame you at all for not watching. Night country isn't a very good show, even when compared with other woke garbage being released today. True detective season 1 isn't a reasonable benchmark for any contemporary series though, because it was truly lightning in a bottle.
 
Posts: 688 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Dang. Stupid finale/ending. Very disappointing. Oh well, worth watching, but can't give it more than a "meh" recommendation now.
 
Posts: 3528 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Dang. Stupid finale/ending. Very disappointing. Oh well, worth watching, but can't give it more than a "meh" recommendation now.


A little contradicting there no?

Folks need to stop supporting these woke garbage shows



"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
 
Posts: 3559 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Still the outlier. I like Season 4, good tv, not great and nowhere near as good as season 1 and even season 3. I semi-liked Season 2, but I'd put Season 4 a bit above Season 2.


I agree. I found Season 4 entertaining.

Season 1 - phenomenal. Only way to describe.

Season 2 - trash. I kept waiting for it to get better. It never did. It was so sad because they had such incredible actors, but a horrible story line.

Season 3 - redeemed the series. Not as good as Season 1. But still very respectable. As far as the series goes, it is definitely the second best season. Not as entertaining as season 4, but a great story line.

Season 4 - more entertaining than Series 3, but not as good of a story. It's only six episodes. So it is a relatively quick watch. I thought Jodi Foster did a great job with her character. She was a mother who will still trying to deal with the grief of losing her young son, and possibly husband as well (they didn't dwell on this part), over a decade or so earlier in an automobile accident.
 
Posts: 6594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Not gonna "spoil" it, but the ending was woke and abysmal. Holy smokes that was bad. It was actually significantly worse than I expected, and my expectations were way low.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HKAngusKL,
 
Posts: 688 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
You Sir, are exceedingly generous and forgiving.

Wife insisted on watching this turd. Eventually she had serious trouble staying awake. Last two episodes turned to snoring fests.

Yesterday she asked twice to rewind and continue to watch the last 10 minutes. Even rewatching it, it didn’t make sense.

0-0


"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
 
Posts: 12069 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Dang. Stupid finale/ending. Very disappointing. Oh well, worth watching, but can't give it more than a "meh" recommendation now.


A little contradicting there no?

Folks need to stop supporting these woke garbage shows


I stand by my previous mixed opinions about the show. Jodie Foster did a solid job. Had the finale not been bad (not terrible, but bad) I'd give it an overall good rating. But because it was bad and rushed, downgraded to meh.

I need to try Season 2 again...
 
Posts: 3528 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I don't know what y'all were watching, but the final episode wasn't "woke". At least the daughter discovered why Jodi was so angry about the underaged girl. Not only was she young, but immature enough to abandon her when she was in actual physical harm trouble.

The mass murder was was revenge. Just because it was a bunch of women killing, it wasn't woke. The cleaning crew took revenge.

Everyone was too busy looking for the leftist monster, they failed to see the plesiosaur thing in the ceiling of the research center that they were demanding the mine keep dumping the warm, toxic water into the cavern to melt it out. The creature in the ice had more value than the mine and those over and above the mine that control the woman manager, absolutely ordered her to get that thing at all cost. She wasn't covering for the mine, she was ensuring they get that creature. Like in Aliens.

They were extracting the DNA of the monster and trying to either revive it or clone it. The researchers murdered the girl because she was destroying the work. Her coworkers murdered the researchers because they murdered their friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

As bitter as Jodi Foster was, she was no murderer, but was angry her partner didn't let her do it when she murdered the criminal and took the baby to raise. (Who was killed in a car crash, the universe demands its balance)

The writing was rushed and fractured, I guess because of the stupid strikes. This needed two more episodes to straighten it out.

I'm guessing if there is a next season, whatever creature is in the ice will be an influence somewhere else. They kept talking about "her" out in the ice. There must be a live one out there and it calls victims out.


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 34027 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
As bitter as Jodi Foster was, she was no murderer, but was angry her partner didn't let her do it when she murdered the criminal and took the baby to raise. (Who was killed in a car crash, the universe demands its balance)


Marsy, I completely missed that. Are you saying that Jodi's son was in fact the baby that was crying after her partner shot the criminal/murderer?

I'm still trying to figure out how the step-daughter fit into the situation.
 
Posts: 6594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
As bitter as Jodi Foster was, she was no murderer, but was angry her partner didn't let her do it when she murdered the criminal and took the baby to raise. (Who was killed in a car crash, the universe demands its balance)


Marsy, I completely missed that. Are you saying that Jodi's son was in fact the baby that was crying after her partner shot the criminal/murderer?

I'm still trying to figure out how the step-daughter fit into the situation.


The child that died in the car accident.


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 34027 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

They are all connected. Even the first season Matthew says he grew up in Alaska.


The show creator has confirmed that Travis (the ghost who leads Rose to the bodies) is actually Travis Cohle. Travis was Rusty Cohle's (Matthew McConaughey's season 1 character) dad.

https://screenrant.com/true-de...xplained-showrunner/


______________________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein
 
Posts: 880 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Wait a second. Are you telling me that this season has GHOSTS? That is fucking retarded. So 3 seasons of great to pretty good and then they get an Academy Award winner to turn it into Goosebumps? Oh brother.
 
Posts: 7204 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    True Detective s.4: Night Country

© SIGforum 2024