SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    True Detective s.4: Night Country
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Detective s.4: Night Country Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
And the lesbian statutory rape is just fine keeps oozing from this dreck.

I'm sorry, minor attracted person.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34280 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I know i said i was done after the first episode but i went ahead and recorded the second one.

Could only make it through the first 5-10 mins, it gets worse and worse. Jodie Foster is terrible in this role.

Deleted the recording and stopped the DVR from recording anymore episodes.

No more for me this season.

Posts: 18116 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
It’s sad they are trying to tie this directly to the first season with the spiral imagery. On the other hand there’s actual ghosts and maybe a zombie in the pile?

Gurl Powa! Will get it done though.

This is laughably bad. So bad it almost becomes entertaining as long as you rethink it in terms like Shaun of the Dead or something.

Posts: 1618 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

She’s a talentless twit so that explains it Wink. I know some folks here may like her acting, but I think she’s been horrible in everything she’s done.

Even in Taxi Driver?

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm the exception here. I don't DIG it but I do find it moderately interesting/engaging. I also think Jodie Foster is doing a fine (not great) job in the role. I'm a HUGE fan of John Carpenter's The Thing so I well-disposed to enjoy the show. So far, so decent.

Posts: 3547 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The blatant normalization of "minor attracted persons" by justifying it with lesbians is unforgivable.

If the chief was a real cop, she would have arrested her own step daughter immediately.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34280 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
And the lesbian statutory rape is just fine keeps oozing from this dreck.

I'm sorry, minor attracted person.

That got my attention too.

I checked and age of consent in Alaska is 16.

Still gross but legal in Alaska.

Wow I just found this and in 30 states it’s 16. Had no idea.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3578 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Since I liked all three earlier seasons, I tried to watch season 4 with an open mind. I managed to watch the first episode but wasn't far into it before realizing it was a waste of time. If Max wasn't included with our internet service, I'd definitely cancel it.

十人十色

Posts: 2108 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I would have to disagree. Silence of the Lambs would be an example.

Wife and I just re-watched all of the Hannibal Lecter movies and the tv show less than a month ago. The worst acting came from Jodie Foster. She was a try hard and her fake accent and speech pattern were terrible which added to my misery.

quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Even in Taxi Driver?

Been about 15 years since I've watched it, so it's not fresh in my mind. Can't recall anything about her performance that stood out as great, but to be fair, I don't remember it being bad either. I just remember how well DeNiro played Travis Bickel.

Posts: 2845 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I would have to disagree. Silence of the Lambs would be an example.

Wife and I just re-watched all of the Hannibal Lecter movies and the tv show less than a month ago. The worst acting came from Jodie Foster. She was a try hard and her fake accent and speech pattern were terrible which added to my misery.

Peachy. I still disagree.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37143 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved SOTL. I think Foster is a fine actress, a good one in fact. Mutedblade made a point I agree with though. I always thought her accent in that flick was forced and unnecessary. And not very good. It was such a good movie though that it is easy to get past.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Is it worth watching season 1...and then maybe 2 and 3 and then say the hell with 4?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39013 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Is it worth watching season 1...and then maybe 2 and 3 and then say the hell with 4?

Season 1 is absolutely worth watching.

Season 2 is actually not bad for what it is; a police procedural.

Season 3 is pretty good and better than season 2, but still fails to capture the magic of season 1.

Season 4 sucks giant donkey balls

Posts: 1618 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Season 1: is very good. Head and shoulders above the other seasons.

Season 2: I thought was mixed. I'm not a big fan of Colin Farrell, but thought he was quite good here. The Vince Vaughn and Kelly Reilly characters were good. But, I thought Rachel McAdams was brutal.

Season 3: I just got around to watching a couple of weeks ago. I liked it better than Season 2. But, the three timelines got very confusing and it was frustrating to have to sit there and try to untangle them.

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Season 3: I just got around to watching a couple of weeks ago. I liked it better than Season 2. But, the three timelines got very confusing and it was frustrating to have to sit there and try to untangle them.

I watched s3 a second time by binging through it over two nights and it flowed much easier. The first time watching there was some confusion and had to go-back several times, after a second viewing the storylines smoothed over.

s2, aside from some notable scenes/lines from McAdams and Farrell, is largely forgettable.

Posts: 14936 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39013 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Similarities between them so far.
Partners that have a conflict, one partner has severe mental issues, the symbol, dick size, murdered someone, the lawn care company.

Season 4 has the symbol, partners that hate each other and murdered someone. There's only the lesbian's lawn to mow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are watching this. We hadn’t seen any of the earlier seasons, and based upon this one, I have no desire to do so.

Thankfully, there’s only a few more episodes left, as it’s going very tiresome about “The Thing” that is the “MacGuffin” in this.

The “endless night” makes everyone to hate everyone else, and I’m just waiting for this:

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2768 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Wife and I are watching this. We hadn’t seen any of the earlier seasons, and based upon this one, I have no desire to do so.

Watch season-1, then come back here and try to say it's the same program.

Posts: 14936 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Season 1 was very good indeed and left you wanting there would be a second Season.
Season 2 wasn’t related to the First one, a completely new and different story. Third and Fourth also are their own thing.

Watched S4E4 and am more and more wishing that whatever is out there will grab everyone and take them, with extreme violence, into the night.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12215 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post