SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Metallica Single
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Metallica Single Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
Lux Æterna.
That riff is bad ass!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Heard it a few times on the local station. Liking it!
They gave away tickets to the Arlington show in August, for both nights.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Far better than the trash of the last 3 albums.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Hardwired To Self Destruct was awesome, and this song gives some really good Motorhead vibes. Full album comes out in April. They’re also doing a world tour doing 2 shows in each city. No repeats and the first night their opening act is Pantera and the 2nd night is Five Finger Death Punch.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Hit the Lights meets Killing Time to me.
I spent an hour or so last night leaning the riffs on guitar and yeah...it's classic Metallica. Cool

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Shit yeah!

Those guys just keep trucking, like the bad mofos they are.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
this song gives some really good Motorhead vibes.

First thing I thought too. Can't go wrong with that sort of influence IMO.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Shit yeah!

Those guys just keep trucking, like the bad mofos they are.

I read this in your avatar's voice.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I love Metallica and usually new songs take me a few listens before they grab me. This one grabbed me right away. Love it. I think it's a bit different sound for them. A bit of Motorhead, a bit of Megadeth. But I like new sounds.

If you go back to the 80s you notice each album had a totally different sound. Kill 'Em All, Lightning, Puppets, Justice, Black, all way different.

Then Death Magnetic was different sound also but I loved it. Hardwired I like, but similar sound to Death Magnetic. Someone told me a rumor there were more albums between Black and Death Magnetic, but I don't believe it.

Anyhow, psyched for the new album. Saw ticket prices for 2024 and I'm just not willing to pay $600 even for 2 days.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I read this in your avatar's voice.

I tend to read pretty much all his posts that way.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
After the last tour I swore off of seeing them live again, Hettfield turning up the lights to talk to the kids was more than I could stomach.

That said, I pulled the trigger on tickets to the new tour (year and a half away) because you are buying tickets for two shows (Fri/Sun) and the gimmick is no repeats; I’m banking on hearing some deep cuts I’ve never heard in concert before.

I’ll watch the set lists of the shows before mine, if it turns into the same f’ing songs mixed in with 75% of the new album, I’ll sell my tickets.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Sounds exactly like what some dude had blasting on his convertible's stereo as he drove by me yesterday and stoped at a cross roads and spewed it over the entire neighborhood.

I stood there amazed at it all and realized this has to be what they play all night down at Gitmo to torture the terrorist.... God awfullest crap I've ever heard... competes with the rap the exercise place up the street uses to help their suckers jump up and down.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Sounds exactly like what some dude had blasting on his convertible's stereo as he drove by me yesterday and stoped at a cross roads and spewed it over the entire neighborhood.

I stood there amazed at it all and realized this has to be what they play all night down at Gitmo to torture the terrorist.... God awfullest crap I've ever heard... competes with the rap the exercise place up the street uses to help their suckers jump up and down.

Thanks for joining our Metallica appreciation thread with your well thought out review.

Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Its a great lineup.
Metallica
FFDP
Pantera
WVH

Yeah, I am going

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally back to the old school M that will be on my workout playlist.

Posts: 583 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bordeth:
Finally back to the old school M that will be on my workout playlist.

Yup. Love this new riff by Metallica. Added it on my Playlist as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
Its a great lineup.
Metallica
FFDP
Pantera
WVH

Yeah, I am going

And Zack Wylde is filling in for Dimebag in Pantera. Should be awesome!

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
hURR DURFF.

You know what's even more tiresome than listening to metal all night? Old dudes coming into threads about it running their suck. Just every bit as original and just as funny as your grandpa going on about the Beatles and Elvis being de debbil's music and his grandpa saying the same thing about Louis Armstrong. Can you just not, please?

It's got the early Metallica feel, but in a major key. The solos are definitely more of the same from Hammett, which isn't a bad thing. It sounds like they finally did what people have been begging them to do for the last twenty five years. There's at least one rhythm riff in there that's lifted straight out of one of their other songs that I can't place just at this moment, but it's at 2:23. I know when Unforgiven II came out, Hetfield pitched it to the band as a whole new tune he'd been working on and I forget who said "Dude, that's just Unforgiven" and he decided to just run with it. I guess in forty years of playing together, a little repetition is acceptable. That said, this does feel like Metallica, but with a fresh feel to it that isn't out of their orbit like everything from Load on through has been. This is returning to orbit, I guess.

It does make me think of stuff like this:

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am not a drummer but do hang out with one…he thinks Lars has been taking lessons because his drumming seems significantly tighter on this song.

Also, someone already did the “Justice for All’ treatment on the new song…pretty damn good actually.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

It's got the early Metallica feel, but in a major key. The solos are definitely more of the same from Hammett, which isn't a bad thing. It sounds like they finally did what people have been begging them to do for the last twenty five years. There's at least one rhythm riff in there that's lifted straight out of one of their other songs that I can't place just at this moment, but it's at 2:23. I know when Unforgiven II came out, Hetfield pitched it to the band as a whole new tune he'd been working on and I forget who said "Dude, that's just Unforgiven" and he decided to just run with it. I guess in forty years of playing together, a little repetition is acceptable. That said, this does feel like Metallica, but with a fresh feel to it that isn't out of their orbit like everything from Load on through has been. This is returning to orbit, I guess.

The riff is very similar to Hit the Lights.

Now I realize why I think it's Megadeth like. It's basically a new song for Kill 'Em All

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post