SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Metallica Single
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Metallica Single Login/Join 
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Maybe it is my inner Weird Al, but everytime I hear the chorus, I hear "mashed potatoes." Big Grin

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Ok yet another song release. So far this new album is sounding real good.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Bases are loaded, wondering what the home run will sound like.

That whupped ass...again.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Bases are loaded, wondering what the home run will sound like.

That whupped ass...again.

Here it is bases loaded grand slam!!! The newest single and the title track!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drabfour,

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been trying to avoid this thread. I wrote these guys off a long time ago. I’ll admit it looks like they did their homework. Not ready to hand my money over for a show yet. But so far I’m impressed.

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
They sound tight as hell and James sounds better than he has in years.

New Album drops Friday…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wow. Rarely if ever hear this song live.
​Master of Puppets tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
A few more hours!
I saw the track run times and Inamorata is over 11 minutes. Eek

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just finished the complete album.
Holy heavy metal!!
I was pretty pessimistic after the last two singles but I was very pleasantly surprised with how good the whole album is.
Heavy and groovy is my first impression. The sound and production are light years ahead of the last 3 albums. James' guitar and the kick drum are thick AF. With a good sound system you feel it as much as you hear it. The last 3 songs are some next level stuff.
Too Far Gone is my favorite so far and Inamorata could be a collaboration between Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. Very Ritchie Blackmore-esque. And there are guitar harmonies and machine gun double bass galore throughout.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to get home so I can buy it in Hi-Res and listen to it on my system.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I downloaded the album last night…………awesome!!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The good and bad of the album is there’s no slowdown for the hour it lasts. I do wish for a little more variation, but it’s still pretty good. My highlights are still Screaming Suicide and If Darkness Had A Son.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have it cued on Qobuz where I can listen to a hi-res version but may buy it as well.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Just bought the album, looking forward to listening to it tomorrow. The songs posted here sound good and sounding like y’all area liking it Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post